Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Two More Weeks

Today it hit me like a ton of bricks.  I only have two weeks left at my job.  After 5 years in the same classroom I am going to have to say goodbye.  I've been very good at avoiding thinking about it.  Sixty days is actually a pretty long time, so why did it go so fast?  The child who was supposed to come still has not come, so the outlook is grim on me being a long-term sub for the rest of the year.  I got incredibly sad.  I adore my job and the people I work with.  They are the most amazing bunch of people I know.  We are so like-minded and constantly cracking each other up.  They have basically watched me grow up and have shown me what this job is all about--- the children.  We aren't there to be best friends with each other, we are there to support the kids and try to help them succeed to the best of their abilities.  My coworkers are basically another family to me and I will forever be grateful that I got to work so closely with them for so long.

Random picture of Tuesday's meal.  Spring vegetable pasta sauce with chicken and zucchini noodles (and a few gluten free noodles).

So what did I do to remedy the sadness?  Went to the gym of course!  I pounded out 4.2 miles at an 8:10 pace and then went upstairs to do circuit.  It was nice sunny outside, so our trainer made us run to the end of the street and back (a little less than a mile).  There was a woman that caught up to me who I HAD to beat on the way back and so I sprinted the last half of the warm-up run.  I couldn't let her beat me!  I tried a little less hard in circuit today than I usually do simply because I was worn out from the run and then the sprint, but I still sweat a lot.

It was windy outside....

Since we weren't home on Sunday, dinner with dad was this evening.  I went to his house immediately after exercising and proceeded to eat.  And eat.  And eat.  I snacked on baby carrots and grapes and guacamole.  Then I watched the local news with some tea before dinner was served and helped stuff wedding invitations for my step-sister's wedding.  Then I had a delicious meal of Bison burgers, broccoli, and potato wedges.  And of course, fruit and whipped cream.  I am stuffed.  My dad was talking about how I am on my feet all day at work and then I do tons of exercise and I said, "But I'm still fat, go figure.  Oh wait, maybe it's the bowls of whipped cream I eat."  And he said, "Well, you enjoy life.  You love your job, you love exercise, and you love eating.  Nothing wrong with that."  And you know what, it's true.  I do enjoy life.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  Let's see where life takes me after two weeks from today.

Resting my tired feet.

Dinner!

I told you I have a bowl of whipped cream.  There really is fruit in there...


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you work in a classroom!
    Are you a long term sub?
    I am trying so hard to find a job! I want my own classroom!
    Remember everything happens for a reason :)

    Also, don't call yourself fat!!! You are beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You sound like my boyfriend. :-) It's hard to see the positive things in myself sometimes. Thank you for pointing them out.

    I do work in a classroom. I've been an instructional aide for the last 5 years, but now I have to become a sub aide again due to being laid off. I am going back to school in the fall for my teaching credential (which I was going to do last year), but until then I will have to sub. I cannot wait until I have my own classroom! You will get one soon. It took my mom years before she finally got one and now she's absolutely in the right spot for her.

    ReplyDelete