Monday, April 29, 2013

That Wind!

I woke up this morning to my last week of work in my classroom.  I realized today that I feel as though I am getting taken away from my family.  My heart and soul has been totally invested in this classroom for the last 5 years and I am going to feel as though I lost a limb on Friday when I have to say goodbye.  I just wish I could finish out the year as I had prepared myself to do.  The fact that I don't even get to see the graduation that I am basically in charge of is really, really sad.  I do feel lucky, however, that my principal said I could finish out the week in the classroom so that I don't have to leave in the middle of the week.  Of course, there will probably be a few days here and there that they will need me to sub, but it will just feel so different.  Here's the biggest thing people should know about me; I don't do well with change.  In fact, I don't do it at all.

Other than that, the weather has taken a turn.  It's still sunny, but there is a biting wind that stings when it hits you.  Especially coming off the ocean, which means the wind is about 20 times worse at work.  I went from wearing pretty much nothing to tan yesterday to this lovely outfit today:



I am wearing two long sleeved thermals, a hoodie, and the down jacket that I keep at work for emergencies (when the outfit I wore isn't warm enough).  I was told that I looked like I was going on an expedition in the Arctic.  Then I was asked if I go skiing often...  Does it look like I enjoy the cold?  I could live where it's 85 every single day and be happy.

Of course, it was back to the gym this afternoon.  Shoulders and a recovery run.  I only have 7 more miles to complete to get to 100 miles for the month.  Knowing my stubborn self, I won't let myself leave the gym tomorrow until I get 7 miles in.  Even though I should be running far less this week to prepare for the race.

I try to be sneaky about taking selfies in the gym...

Then it was home where I had a large snack, watched an episode of a new show I started on Saturday, and helped make dinner.  Which was absolutely delicious.

Stuffed chicken breast, broccoli, cauliflower, and kale with carrots.

Hopefully I don't have to dress for winter again tomorrow.  I do think the wind is supposed to keep up for a couple of days.  Let's just hope it's gone by Sunday.  I don't enjoy running in the wind and I am certain I would despise running 13.1 miles in it.




2 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you this week! Stay strong girl! Everything happens for a reason!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That really means a lot to me. I am looking forward to reading about your anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete