Monday, April 22, 2013

Heat Wave

For some reason, we are having a heat wave.  And by heat wave, I mean it got up to a whopping 62 with hardly any wind.  It's supposed to get up to 65 on Wednesday, which might just kill all of us.  I mean, this is probably record setting weather.  To me, I am not warm until it hits 85ish, but I will take beautiful warm weather whenever I can get it.  Unfortunately, this weather makes me want to drive east or south to the river and bask in the sun all day, but the river is far too cold still to swim in.

Last night, after laying around in bed, reading way too many blogs (it's interesting that I consider myself a lifter, but I really prefer reading running blogs, the runners are so much more of a welcoming community), I went to the store to pick up stuff for dinner.  When I came back I realized there was mail in the box.  Apparently we hadn't checked the mail on Saturday because our mailperson is all over the place with the time they deliver.  Well, my official acceptance letter to the credential program came!  I was over the moon!  Then I made chicken soup and put a nice layer of cheese on it before returning to my bed to pass out for the night.

Oh, and avocado.  I truly am a California girl.


This morning it was back to work for my very last full week.  We are still holding out for the child to show up last minute and I can finish off the year.  I am so thankful I've been in the classroom that I have been for the last 5 years.  My boss is fantastic.  He's been such a great advisor in the last 5 years.  He has taken me under his wing and has basically been a mentor teacher to me.  I am forever grateful for him.

Then I hit the gym to do my shoulder routine.  I did a two mile recovery run before hand.  I saw my trainer eating lunch outside, because when it's "hot" out, everyone has to be outside for every possible second.  She asked if I was going to run outside.  Nope.  I had run outside the last two days and my hip flexors hate me for it.

Then I came home and immediately went outside (after eating a snack of course).  I wore shorts to the gym today and I probably blinded everyone with my legs.  The boyfriend sent me this picture:


because it's 80 degrees where he's working.  So I, of course, had to make fun of him by taking a few pictures of myself laying in the sun.

Those chest muscles are from bench pressing.

Trying to look like him

Moe decided he needed to get in on the selfie action too.


I might be a little bit obsessed with my dog.  He's too cute to not take pictures of.  Hopefully his brother comes home this week.  Both the boyfriend and my mom have mentioned to me today how much they miss Milo.  We've been trying to get a trail run in, but it just doesn't seem to be working out.  I might have to go kidnap him here in a few days.

My boy.

He decided he needed a tan.

We finally came inside and had a delicious dinner of halibut and beet/blood orange salad.  It was seriously delicious.  Today I felt like I just could NOT get full, so I had two helpings of the salad because there was only one piece of fish for each of us.

Looks like Spring!

Then I came into my dark room and did 20 minutes of stretching because my hips are super tight.  Now I am doing as I always do, laying in bed on the computer.  I love my nightly ritual.  Tomorrow I am going to hang out with my lovely friend after work and the gym because we haven't spent much time together lately and I miss her.  I am overly excited about this.

In other news, my mom sent me this picture in a text message while I was at work.


My mom is a swimmer.  She swims at least 3 days a week, sometimes 4.  She's in awesome shape.  She doesn't work on Mondays so she usually hits up the pool early in the morning, but this morning she decided to switch it up and take an afternoon walk.  Apparently she tried running from telephone pole to telephone pole because she was talking to someone in the hot tub at her gym who said that's how they started running.  I am SO proud of her!  Pretty soon she will be running next to me in races.  Okay, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.  But so good for her!!






2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting accepted into your program!!
    That is super awesome!!!!

    I think it is amazing how mom is starting to run! I wish my mom would just start walking! She always ask if I want to walk with her and then she calls to say she doesn't feel like it! Grrr!!!

    Again, congrats!!!!!
    And funny pictures of you "tanning" to send to your bf!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should get out and try that telephone pole run thing again. I do walk/run with my students at the beginning of each recess everyday. It's not much, but I think it's better than nothing. I do notice a difference in my energy level when we return to the classroom for another round of learning.

    ReplyDelete