Saturday, January 12, 2013

Simple Saturday

For some reason, my Saturdays always feel so busy and short.  This makes for a really busy short feeling weekend.  Today, however, was different.  I didn't have any specific plans, so I had the entire day to myself to do whatever I want.  I laid in bed on my computer for a bit before getting up and making myself coffee and delicious breakfast.

The sun was out, which it hasn't been in awhile.  So, the boy and I got ready to take the dogs to the beach.  Milo's daddy ended up coming to get him before we made it to the beach, so it ended up just being the three of us.  They have paved a new pathway along the bay that I did not realize started at our favorite beach walk, so we decided to veer left instead of the usual right and walked about 2 miles on this new paved pathway.  It was gorgeous and I actually got kind of warm.  I do much prefer the natural, bumpy, unpaved trails that this area has to offer, but it was nice since we were on kind of a time crunch.

Boy ready for our walk...

Shadows are rare this time of year.

Lovely walk.

Getting Moe.

Tried to get the bay.


Such a beautiful day.


I love my home.


The boy left for ji jitsu, leaving me to my own devices for a few hours.  I laced up my running shoes and left for a quick 3.1 mile run.  I really want to run the entire 8 3/4 miles, so I am trying to run at least every other day.  Tomorrow I have a long run planned with the woman I am running the race with, so I decided to keep it shorter today.

After three miles.  Can't figure out how to rotate it here, but it's appropriately showing my feelings.All sideways and mixed up.


I spent the rest of the alone time cleaning out my car.  I spent about 45 minutes vacuuming it, trying to get Milo's hair off of the carpet.  I don't think there will ever NOT be dog hair in my car.  But, it feels so much cleaner now, and that's what matters.  I showered and read a book for about an hour.  Then we had homemade pizza and watched P.S. I Love You, which I, of course, cried through the entire thing.

It was a great Saturday and I didn't feel rushed or busy and I'm not exhausted from a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment