Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Routine

I live for routine.  I am not into change of any kind.  If my day gets thrown off, I can live with it, it's not the end of the world, but in my mind I get kind of upset.  I take it personally.  I don't know why I am this way and I wish I could be a spur of the moment kind of gal, but I'm definitely not.  So, the past two days have been very much the same as the other days I've talked about.  I go to work, come home, work out, make dinner, work on my application, lay in bed.  This is existing, but not exactly "living."  I can't wait until I have the means to actually live and experience things.  Hopefully, I will be lucky enough and brave enough to do so.  Until then, I am happy in my routine.

Yesterday was Monday.  It was as good as any Monday.  One of the best parts about my job (besides the kids and the fantastic people I work with) is that I rarely sit down.  We go constantly and on Mondays it's even more so.  The day goes quickly and soon, it's Tuesday.

Yesterday, as all Mondays are, was shoulder day.  I came home, got in my work out clothes, and forced the boy into some as well.  I always do a 10 minute warm up.  He tried to get me to warm up my doing some jiu jitsu with him, but laying on the ground getting knocked around definitely is not my thing.  It's also not my routine.  I worked my butt off while he dilly dallied and then in the middle went and made some food.  This cracked me up.  He was lifting and taking breaks to eat.  Only he would do that.  It's the thought that counts and the fact that he was willing to spend time with me, especially since he left for work for three days this morning.

Shoulder press is my weakest move.

So focused.

The boy and his Barbie weight.

When we were done, we went to the grocery store so he could get food to take to work and I got some vegetables and fruit since we were running low.  My part of the shopping cart was filled with fruits, veggies, some greek yogurt, and fermented drinks.  His part of the shopping cart had cup-o-noodle, taquitos, and creme puffs.  The dichotomy of our basket was hilarious.  He did text me this evening to tell me that he did, in fact, get some real food.  He made himself bacon wrapped steak, which I am quite jealous I didn't get to eat.

One part is mine, one part is his.


For dinner, we had some delicious Bacon and Green Chile Meatloaf and salad.  I found all of my recipes for this week off of a website called Fast Paleo.  It has some really great options for dinner.  I like them on Facebook and they are constantly posting these fantastic looking meals and I've been trying to eat at least 80% clean.  I still love my dairy in the morning and my chocolate at the end of the day.  Oh, and my whey protein.  

A big loaf of meat.

My plate.

After dinner, we laid down and caught up on How I Met Your Mother and started the newest episode of Suits.  I was out like a light as soon as Suits began.  It was only 9.  I could not keep my eyes open and I didn't even realize I had fallen asleep until I woke up and realized he had finished that episode and had moved onto The Walking Dead.  I was confused as to why there were suddenly Zombies in a show about lawyers for a minute.  I fell right back to sleep.

Today, the boy left for work, which means I have the afternoons to myself for the next few days.  My cousin cancelled on me due to not feeling well, but I did the workout we would have done anyway.  We typically do chest/triceps, legs/core.  I did 4 circuits of 4 exercises.  I was so completely dead by the end of it.  I was proud of myself for working so hard, when in the past I would have used her canceling on me as an excuse to just not work out.  But I really, really want to complete this challenge I have set up for myself.  

The cat likes to help me out.

Hip thrusters hurt.

This is what I look like after I complete my ab workout.

My workout today.

When that was done, I decided to work on my application a little bit.  I've decided to work on it a little bit each day so that I don't get frustrated and wear myself out before I even get in the program.  It's a long application, but I hope to get it in by the end of February, just so I have it off my chest.  Of course, I am taking the big test at the end of March, but I just have to have signed up for it to turn in my application.  The biggest thing I keep forgetting to do is actually apply to the university.  I must do that tomorrow.

Tonight's dinner was called "Quick Chicken Hot Pot."  I LOVE hot pot.  I love most Asian inspired dishes, but I've been to an actual hot pot down south and I became obsessed with it.  This was essentially chicken soup, but it was so good.  

In the pan.

In my bowl.

Now, my plan is to knit like an old lady and catch up on cheesy TV shows that the boy doesn't like watching with me.  Tomorrow is the middle of the week already.  I can't believe it.


No comments:

Post a Comment