Friday, January 18, 2013

Freezing Cold Friday

It has been cold.  For a long time, it feels like.  I believe that it has only been a week since it snowed in the mountains that I can see from my house, but it's still there.  Usually it only lasts a day or so.  So it has been REALLY cold down here by the ocean.  This makes working literally on the beach pretty cold.  I was doing squats and lunges and running in place to stay warm at recess.  Fridays are usually pretty low-key and today was no different.

As soon as I got off work, I drove to my dad's to hop on the treadmill.  It was incredibly foggy and extra cold on the beach, so I knew I would not be able to force myself outside to have my fingers freeze and my stuffy nose run down my face, so I opted for the treadmill again.  I was only going to go for a short 30-40 minute run, but it got to 45 minutes somehow and then I thought, an hour is only 15 minutes away and just went for it.  Most of my run was at a 2.0 incline, but I bumped it up to 5.0 for 10 minutes and 8.0 for ten minutes.  I am terrified of the hill climb in this race, so if I'm not running outside, I've got to get some incline in.  Running this long was probably a bad idea, because when I hopped off the treadmill, my nose was even more stuffed and I sounded like a 6-pack-a-day smoker.  My dad walked into the house when I had finished and told me I sounded horrible and that he would give me a hug, but he didn't want to get sick.  It was about then that I admitted defeat and have been telling people I'm sick and just want to lay in bed all day tomorrow.

Treadmill picture.

Say Yes To The Dress in the background.  Silly TV is on at 2:30 in the afternoon.

 I went home to make a new recipe that I found online.  I didn't realize how long it would take, and it ended up being me in the kitchen for an hour and a half when all I wanted to do was lay down and give into my sickness.  I made a spaghetti squash torta.  It ended up being really fantastic, if I do say so myself.  I adore squash and have been slightly obsessed with cheese lately, so mixing the two was great.  Boy stopped by for about 20 minutes after he got off work before he zoomed off to jui jitsu.  This was not long enough to see him after three days, but he should be back fairly soon.

The kitchen mess.

 While it was cooking, I tried to look for recipes for next week, but after spending so long in the kitchen, the last thing I wanted to think about was cooking again.  This will be tomorrow's project while I am sitting around all day.  My right lymph node in my neck is so swollen it hurts.  This is so annoying.  I don't get sick often.  But I think my body is trying to tell me to stop beating it up.

Finished product.  Not as pretty as the recipe picture.

Paired it with a salad.

The mushrooms have grown extra large today.  My mom finally noticed them and got really excited and called everyone into the living room.  Old news, mom, thank you.  It was really cute how excited she was.  They are super pretty.  It makes me kind of sad that there are only 3 of them that we will probably be able to eat.  Boy thinks they probably weren't packaged correctly, so they aren't growing the way they are supposed to.  

They're huge!

Now my eyelids are heavy and I can't concentrate on anything except for the fact that I can't breathe correctly through my right nostril.  I'm going to curl up under my covers and wait for the boy to get here to cuddle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment