Thursday, January 24, 2013

Almost the Weekend Again

I cannot believe that it is almost the weekend again.  These weeks go by so, so fast.  Work was great, as always.  The kids have been fantastic lately, and that always makes for a pleasant work experience.  We have a Winter show next week that we have been practicing for.  I now have Somewhere Over the Rainbow playing over and over again in my dreams.

I had packed my gym clothes in the morning because I figured I would go to my dad's house and run.  It was really gross outside all morning and threatening to rain.  But then, the clouds opened up right as I was getting off work and I took that as a sign to go running outside.  I really should be running outside since the race is outside and up a bunch of hills and on the beach (agggh!), so I should be getting used to the elements.  I was so tired I could hardly think, but I immediately got into my clothes and began running because I knew if I sat down that would be it.  I felt like I was going incredibly slowly and I was discouraged, but when I was done, I looked at my pace and it was much faster than I have been going lately.  This was so rewarding.

Finally done with the run.

34 minutes felt like FOREVER.


Boy came home from work today, which is always exciting.  I came home two two monitors and a computer taking up my room.  After my run, I laid down and napped with him.  I never, ever nap.  I find it so hard to sleep in the middle of the day.  But today I was asleep in 10 seconds and woke up about a half an hour later thinking it had only been 3 seconds.  Those are always really good naps.  But I was still tired.  My body needs rest, I think.




This is what I came home to.

For dinner tonight, I made Spicy Fajita Stew.  It was basically chili, but it was delicious.  Of course, I paired it with a salad.  I still have the appetite of a large man, so I snacked on green beans and carrots while cooking dinner.  I can seriously eat so much these days.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe it's the cold wanting me to store up for winter.  My coworker said she's been eating like crazy too, so I'm glad it's not just me.

Fajita Stew.

After dinner, I raced off to Knit N Sip with the boy's mom.  She has been teaching me how to knit and I am totally addicted.  She has been asking me to go with her to this thing for a few weeks now and I have always forgotten about it and made other plans.  But tonight, I planned around it and the boy went to jiu jitsu, so it was perfect.  There were so many people there and they were talking about things way beyond my skill level, but I felt totally welcomed and loved.  I also wasn't the youngest one there, so that was pretty awesome.



The mom fixing my mistakes....

Now it's time to cuddle and fall asleep before I have to wake up and do it all over again.




No comments:

Post a Comment