Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Not so sick.

Well, as expected, I was out by 9:00 last night.  I pretty much fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.  I slept very well too.  I don't normally sleep as well when boy isn't here.  I did wake up once to go to the bathroom and as soon as I stood up my head started pounding and I felt sick to my stomach.  I was able to fall back to sleep rather quickly as soon as I laid down again.

When my alarm went off (way too early), the headache was still there.  It was so bad I contemplated whether or not I would be able to work because of the nausea I was feeling.  But, my work ethic got the better of me (I've only miss two days of work the entire 5 years I've been at my job) and I popped some painkillers (which I generally avoid) and went on with my morning routine.  The headache subsided before I got to work, but my right nostril was definitely stuffy and I have been blowing green snot out of it all day.  Other than still feeling tired and like I am going to sneeze constantly, I am generally okay and definitely okay to go about my daily business.

I had made plans yesterday to hang out with my beautiful friend Kate before returning from my long absence at the gym.  So, I headed to her house after work and she made me some much needed coffee and we chatted and gossiped.  We spent so much time together during Annie, it feels a little like I'm missing a limb now that it's been over.  She is so funny and kindhearted.  I just love soaking up her energy.

My own personal barista!

During our hang out time, I got a text from my workout partner saying she wasn't going to be making it to the gym.  The only reason I was going to go was so that we could work out together and push each other.  My work outs are always so much better with her.  So I decided instead to go run on the treadmill at my dad's house since it had been 2 days since my last run and I've been trying to do every other day and I didn't want to spread whatever weird germs I have at the moment to the poor people at the gym.  I WILL be going next week.  It was absolutely beautiful out, but I knew that my nose would just run non-stop and the light was getting away from me, so I chose the treadmill.  I definitely prefer outside running since the scenery is constantly changing and I don't have a clock telling me how long I HAVEN'T been running, but some days just feel like treadmill days.  Today was one of those.

My favorite running shoes.  I like shoes.  A lot.

So, I told myself before I started I would only go as long as my body would allow.  Distance didn't matter, I just really needed to get a run in today.  Well, America's Next Top Model was on and boy do I ever get sucked into that stupid show.  One time, while living in Santa Barbara, my roommates and I were planning on spending all day doing homework.  We made the mistake of watching one episode of ANTM, and low and behold 9 hours later, none of us had moved.  I think the pictures at the end are what I enjoy the most about the show.  That and the spectacle that is Tyra.  So, after an hour, I had finished 7 miles and I didn't even realize it.  I even added in a few hill climbs to keep things interesting. 

The farthest I've ran in several years.

Dad was home, so I got to hang out with him for a bit catching up and talking about my future.  I'm so terrified for next year.  I am not a huge fan of change.  I would be just fine working in the classroom I'm in now for the rest of my life.  But, I've always wanted to be a teacher, so I must move on and become one.  Figuring out HOW I am going to get my credential is another story.  I have an appointment to discuss my future with my administrator on Tuesday that I am really nervous about, so my dad was giving me tips and pointers.  He was an administrator for several years, so it's nice hearing that side of things.  

Such a chef.  Trying to make French Onion Soup tonight.

When I got home, I immediately went to check on the mushrooms.  They were even bigger tonight!  I was so excited, I texted the boy that I think I'm more excited about his mushrooms than he is.  I can't wait until he gets home and sees them in person.  He will be thrilled.  

The two biggest ones.

Tonight's dinner was taco salad.  Just what I needed after my long run.  That and grapes, which I bought at the store before coming home.  Dinner was absolutely delicious and I didn't have to make it, so that was even better.  


Now, as always, I am in my bed, curled under my blankets ready to turn out the lights and it's only 8:45.  I simply cannot believe that tomorrow is Thursday already!  It always amazes me when we get to lunch time and it's almost time to go home how fast our days go.  I am so grateful I have a job that keeps me energized and happy.  It makes it a lot easier to crawl out of bed in the morning and start my day, even with a terrible headache and a snotty nose.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow I'm impressed! Great job Rachel! 7 miles! You are killing it, Clam Beach will be so easy for you :)