Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Workout Wednesday

Today was an unexpected day off.  I was actually kind of hoping that no sub jobs would pop up because I had things I needed to get done.  I avoid errands on the week days because after working and exercising and making dinner, I am exhausted and would rather read blogs or catch up on stupid shows on Netflix.  Boyfriend left for work, so I was up bright and early (he has to leave the house at 6:30am to get to work by 8).  I spent a little while in bed cuddling with Milo.  He NEVER wants to cuddle with me, so I soak up every minute I can when he's in the mood.

Yeah, he has creepy eyes when he's sleeping.


When 7:15 rolled around and I didn't get a call from the sub line, I got out of bed and started a different version of the workout I did last week.  It was just as awesome and got me just as sweaty.  The 11 minutes of ab work at the end almost killed me.  Luckily, I survived.  Barely.

Obviously the woman in the video was dying too.

After breakfast and a shower, I headed out to my mom's school to watch their end of the year performance and 8th grade graduation.  My mom works at the tiniest little two room school house in the middle of nowhere.  Seriously.  Research the middle of nowhere, and you will find her school.  She has 12 students ranging from kindergarten to 8th grade.  The road to the school is incredibly windy and mostly one lane, but absolutely gorgeous. 

This is what my mom's commute looks like most of the way.


It is literally a little red school house.

When I got there, they were having their little cafe part of the performance.  Their act was a "poetry slam" where they performed poems they had memorized and ones they had written themselves, so to make it feel more real, they started out with a cafe.  The kids were the servers and were all wearing chef hats and wandered around taking people's orders.  The tables were even covered with paper for us to draw on!  It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  My mother is the best teacher I know.


After the performance and the graduation there was a BBQ.  Since the school is so small, it was a potluck.  The burgers that were grilled were from a cow that lived on one of the student's ranch (meaning completely grass fed, hormone/antibiotic free), the strawberries were grown in someone's garden, as were the vegetables for the salad, and there was homemade apple and blackberry pie.  I love the country sometimes.  You better believe I fueled up.

There's a burger under those tomatoes, I promise.

The spread.

I practically ate and ran because I had to be back to town by 3 for a very important meeting with my best friends.


That's right, I got to see my best friend's little nugget on the ultra sound machine.  It was so exciting!  This baby will practically be my nephew and I love the baby so much already. The baby (the jury is still out on wether it's a girl or a boy) was waving at us and looking at us.  I've never experienced any pregnancy first hand, so having all of these pregnant best friends is really exciting.  I can't wait for there to be babies everywhere for me to play with.  

After a quick stop at the bank, I finally made it home.  Earlier in the morning my amazing family coworkers had called me asking where the heck my scholarship application was (it was due today).  I told them that I needed two letters of recommendation and since I had literally just gotten the form less than a week ago, I didn't have time to ask people to write me one.  Well, both of the teachers of the two classrooms wrote me letters and I just had to deliver my end of the paperwork.  Luckily for me, the woman in charge lives 1 mile away, so I strapped on my running shoes and ran to her house, then continued on.  


It felt really good to get sweaty again...


Or maybe it hurt a little bit.  Then I did a little more ab work, planked it up, and stretched.  Milo did his sit ups with me.


Then, of course, since I worked out again, I had to eat.


After I peeled myself off the chair in the dining room, I forced myself to fold all of the laundry that had been piled up for an embarrassing amount of days.  

Moe is obsessed with this monkey toy he has had since I got him in 2009.  It was sitting on my desk chair and I noticed he was staring at it intently.  For 45 minutes.  He's such a weirdo.



Tomorrow is the last day of school and I always love the last day of school.  Everyone is excited and in good moods.  I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday.






1 comment:

  1. That is awesome that you ran to her house to drop the papers off! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete