Friday, January 10, 2014

I Didn't Run Today

It has been a really long time since I took an unplanned rest day from running. I mean, so long that I honestly can't remember the last time I took a break on a day that I usually run. I typically run 6 days a week, resting on Saturday before my long runs on Sunday. But today, I couldn't even think about runnin without wanting to lay on the ground crying. I ran yesterday, though.


About 3 miles into my run, my foot hurt and my hip hurt but I stupidly kept going. Well, that meant today my foot and my hip hurt pretty badly today. I also had my very own photographer at the gym yesterday.


I did chest and triceps and had a fun photo shoot.


Today, I went to my mom's classroom to observe. We have to have 45 hours of general education observations, and since I had today off, I decided to go with her to knock some time off my list. One of her students drew this for me. She was too cute.


When I got home, I just could not even fathom putting one foot in front of another or even lifting heavy things off the ground. So I did a T25 video and called it good for the day. I'm pretty proud of myself for listening to my body and not running. I don't do it very often.  Now I'm laying in my bed in the most comfortable pjs in the world.


On a completely different note, I finally finished the scarf I've been knitting for several months. I wore it today and was extra happy with it.


And that's my cup I drink coffee out of every morning. Learning little things about me every blog post. :-)

Any weekend plans??

3 comments:

  1. It's super difficult as avid runners to stop at the second a mysterious pain/ache appears. I always think I can just 'run it off.' There have been a few instances where I've had to walk home as a result. :( I think we 'know' we need to rest, we just decide not too, lol. vI'm very guilty of that! I hope you feel better. Friday is generally my rest day and most times I look very much forward to it.

    And I can't believe you made that scarf! Beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate strange pains! Luckily, they tend to go away with a day or two of rest or cross training or something. A few months ago, 3 miles into my run, my groin just got this SHOOTING pain and I *had* to stop. I mean, there was no choice. I was so confused... I never had groin pain ever, then suddenly it just happened- pretty intensely. I laid off running for a week and it has never come back to visit me again... knock on wood. I hope the same goes for your hip and foot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for listening to your body! I'm happy you decided to take a rest day so you wouldn't further "injure" your body. Sometimes they are well needed, plus they make you stronger!!!!!!!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that scarf!!!
    I hope you have a fabulous weekend! Didn't you mention previously you were doing something exciting??!?!?!!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete