Monday, January 20, 2014

Getting Lost

Thank you all for your tips on buying a wedding dress!  They were super helpful!!!  I am so appreciative of each and every one of you.

Yesterday was Long Run Sunday. My friend had to go teach Sunday school at her church and my sister had to bathe the baby, so I figured that would be the perfect opportunity to explore the college town by foot. My friend's fiancé (who has completed a half Iron Man!!) very kindly mapped out a nice long run for me to follow. I wrote the directions on my phone, downloaded some podcasts, and took off.


About 3 miles in, I came to the end of the first road and realized that I hadn't turned like I was supposed to.  So I went back and found the road I was supposed to have turned down and turned right when I should've turned left.  Needless to say, I did not follow his route at all. But I got a great long run done. And I got to explore my friend's college campus, which was really fun.


This was the weather that I ran in.


That is our usual nightly low, so I was cold.  Luckily, I had my running tights and the awesome jacket that I received in my goodie bag from the Hot Chocolate run last weekend.  I did have to borrow cold weather clothes from my friend.


When everyone got home, we made a delicious lunch of stir fry.


This little one was very helpful.


We had another appointment where she said yes to the dress! We celebrated with froyo. 


We had a potluck to go to, so we stopped by the store to get veggies. I found this interesting fruit. Has anyone heard of it?


I made a gorgeous salad, if I do say so myself.


I was stuck in the car all day, so I hit up the treadmill as soon I got home.


Tomorrow school starts again. It's been a lovely month off.

Ever gotten lost on a run?

5 comments:

  1. The salad looks amazing! I have 3 HUGE avocados I'm cutting up today. Some guac is in order, but I might save some for a salad. I actually have gotten sort of lost on runs before... Like, I kind of knew where I was, and I had my sense of direction, I just got off my planned course and may have added a mile or two to the run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you were able to find your way back! I have gotten lost once. I thought I would have panicked but I didn't. I just kept calm and kept running. I also pretended like I was suppose to be where I was!
    Your salad looks amazing!
    I hope your first day back goes well - you are almost done with school!!!
    Yay for running in 34 degrees! That is the "norm" here for winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad...drooooool!!!!

    I love/hate running in new places. Getting lost sucks and it's hard to find a rhythm, but I do love exploring the sites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if it makes you feel any better, I am completely directionally challenged! LOL. I get lost in my own town running if I try a new route!

    I'm so glad she said yes to the dress! And how awesome does that froyo look?!?!

    You are very speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness that's a lot of running! The little baby is so cute. I want to kiss her cheeks. Looks like an awesome trip. Seeing friends and family is always the best. I feel sorry for the fruit. No one should be told they are Ugli

    ReplyDelete