Monday, September 9, 2013

A Very Local Meal

Besides being incredibly sweet and buying me awesome things, Boyfriend is extremely handy to have around. He can fix anything I need him to from my computer to the kitchen sink. 


He also can garden. Very, very well. And just recently, he has become obsessed with fishing. This morning he was out of the house by 5 to get us some salmon. And he did just that.


The limit here is 3 fish and that's what he brought home for us. While he cleaned the fish, I ran a very hot, sweaty 4 miles.


My splits were pretty much even. So I was pretty content with myself. Even though I dripped sweat on every single block in my neighborhood.


While I lifted weights, he picked peas from our garden.


And while I did homework for tomorrow, this dinner happened.


It was the best, most local meal I've had since the island. My stomach feels so happy, thanks to my lovely mother and boyfriend.

As you can see, I've been trying to run outside more because I realized that my nice days are dwindling. I am limited in my running places and distance I can go because, while my neighborhood is safe, if I run about a half of a mile away from my 'hood, it's a really bad part of town that I don't feel comfortable running in. So I stick to running loops over and over again in my neighborhood, which gets terribly boring, but it's so much better than being attacked. I have to say, I am proud of used for getting some fresh air!

I hope your Monday was awesome!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for running outside!!
    It's okay to be dripping sweat! You should have seen me after my run on Sunday, I was a hot sweaty mess - my favorite part of running!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete