Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Race and Brunch

This morning started early when I forced my mom to head north to run a race with me.  It was a mother-daughter race.  This racing thing began when she did the 4 miler while I was running the 10 miler and this morning she did the 2 miler while I did the 5 miler.  My mom is my best friend and I love her to death.  The fact that she is now beginning to do short spurts of running makes me so happy. 

Before

After.

I did this race last year because my running partner forced our trainer and I to sign up for it.  She made us feel bad if we didn't sign up because the race landed on her 30th birthday and that was how she wanted to spend it.  Us runners are nutso. At that point I hadn't run more than 2 miles in a very long time, so 5 miles felt like it lasted FOREVER.  This year was a little different considering I just ran my half marathon a week ago.  I took off at the starting line and never really slowed down.  It flew by so fast and I came in FIRST in my age group and 7th overall!  I couldn't believe it.  If only I could run all of my races like this one.  Last year I finished in 43 minutes and this year I finished in 37.  What a difference a year (of training) makes.  My mom finished 4th in her age group and I am so super proud of her!

I was told I need to work on my finish line pose, so I practiced.

Could have run farther, for sure.

Crossing the finish line.

Mommy and me.

Getting my prize for coming in first.

I won socks!  So worth it!

Then we rushed home to shower and head south to boyfriend's mom's house for brunch.  I was starving as I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before and it was already 1pm.  Luckily his mom had made us the most delicious brunch AND the sun had come out, so it was fantastic!

My dogs had gotten me a Mother's Day present.

Brunch! Frittata, fruit salad, and Paleo lemon muffins.  So good I had two...

Then we hung out in the sun doing pretty much nothing, but enjoy every second.  It was the perfect lazy Sunday Mother's Day afternoon.



We managed to get a decent picture.

I like to pretend I'm taking pictures of other people but really take pictures of myself.

Boyfriend's mom, my mom, boyfriend's grandma.  Three fantastic ladies.  My brother said, 

We played with boyfriend's grandma's horse.

I'm so lucky.

The boys were boys and played with sticks.

This is Rowdy, the oldest of boyfriend's grandma's dogs.

My mom also thought it would be an awesome decision to climb a tree.  She may or may not have twisted her back in the process.



Now I am laying in bed digesting before getting up to make dinner.  Steak and salad.  It's been an amazing day.










1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS ON YOUR RACE!!!!!!!
    YOU ROCK!!!!!
    That is so awesome girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Looks like you had an awesome weekend!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete