Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Past Two Days

Have not been exciting.  They've been normal, boring, regular work days.  Yesterday I had to stay a bit longer after work (an hour) for a meeting on the Common Core Standards, which is really interesting.  I'm glad all of the states (except 4) are getting on board and all of our kids will be held to the same standards, instead of California's insane amount of standards that no teacher could ever really teach in a school year.  I am very interested to see how these will apply to my population of students.

So, I got home a little bit later than usual, but I still did my chest/tri workout.  My brother joined me for a small part of it.  Then I cooked dinner, as usual.  The boy got home at 7 and we cuddled and watched How I Met Your Mother.  My beautiful friend was an extra and I got SO excited when I saw her in the background several times.  We are both a little bit obsessed with the show (and NPH), so when she told me she was going to be an extra, I about died.  She only got to meet Ted though, but hopefully when she goes back down there she will be able to be in bar scenes and meet NPH.  Oh, and Milo finally came back from his dad's house last night, so that was an exciting little happening.  He turns 6 on the 28th of this month.  I cannot believe how fast time flies (I almost spelled this flyes, like the exercise.....too much).

Yesterday's workout.

She's the beautiful one in the red beanie.  And there's Ted next to her on the left!

Milo came home.

Knitting, because I'm an old lady.

Today was, again, normal.  I went to work, came home, got into workout clothes. Normal, normal, normal.  What wasn't normal was that when I asked boy if he would go on a run with me, he actually said yes.  So, we took off with the dog in tow.  Milo is a horrible runner.  Plus, he's too smart for his own good.  We got to 2.5 miles and I always turn away from home to get some more milage in.  If I went straight, I would just go home and it wouldn't be a long enough run.  So, we went to turn but Milo just stopped, right in the middle of the road.  He's such a brat.  So boy took him home while I finished up the extra half mile.  I then went to the gym and proceeded to get my butt kicked.  I LOVE my circuit class.  Everyone has such a great sense of humor and everyone enjoys being there.  We all give each other tough love and laugh at ourselves.  

3.5 miles down.

Proud of my boy.

Circuit in progress, me taking a water break...

I came home to boy making dinner.  Tonight was roasted turkey breast that was supposed to go over broccoli, but it was cooked a little too long, so it got switched to cauliflower and salad.  It was delicious.  I decided he got to cook tonight since he didn't have to do anything today.  He did fantastic.  

Boy carving his meat.

My plate.

Tomorrow is the 100th day of school, which is super exciting and super weird at the same time.  This school year has gone so fast.  I am starting to feel really sad about leaving my classroom and moving on to bigger and better things.  My coworkers are so fabulous and they always are making the laugh and smile.  They are such beautiful people inside and out, it's going to be really hard to say goodbye to them after 5 years.  I also adore my students.  Absolutely, positively love them.  We have an amazing class this year and I am seriously going to miss those kids.  But, I've got to move on with my life and become an actual teacher.

And so, before I go and watch Suits with the boy, I leave you with two of the best pictures I've ever seen with one of the most beautiful ladies I have the pleasure of knowing.  They're from Saturday's race.  

Smiling because it's the beginning.

I LOVE this one.  It shows the fun we have together, even if we're in pain.






No comments:

Post a Comment