Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself

I don't like sitting around.  I find that I cannot just let myself sit down and relax until the entire day is done with and it's almost time to go to sleep.  Where did this person come from?  I remember a day where I was lazy and unmotivated.  I would sit for hours simply doing nothing, eating cookie dough from the container and eating poptarts for breakfast.  I would go to fast food pretty much every day and then come home and sit some more.  Now, I feel like I go entire days without sitting down.  I'm so proud of myself for becoming much more motivated.  Is this what growing up is?

I find that I feel restless when I sit around all day.  Even when I was sick, I wouldn't allow myself to lay in bed and be sick.  Did this help me recover quicker?  Probably not.  Did I feel better after I moved, did chores, lived a little?  Yes, I definitely did.

I think I have my amazing parents to thank for this attitude.  I grew up with some pretty motivated adult figures in my life.  Both are teachers and my father went on to become an administrator.  Both were constantly instilling in my the importance of a good work ethic and how to be a productive member of society.  I skipped 2 classes my entire college career and I've never called in sick for work.  I feel horrible if I have to ask for a day off for family reasons.  

For as long as I can remember, my dad has gone running every morning.  I have early childhood memories of him coming home and stretching on the wall in the first house I lived in.  My mom is a nature lover.  She taught me the importance of being outside hiking, walking on the beach, being one with the outdoors.  She made my love for camping grow.  

I am so, so grateful for my amazing parents and the drive they put in me.  I love who I am these days and I love the drive I have to better myself, constantly researching workouts and nutrition advice, constantly reading about new ways to teach the kids I teach.  That being said, I think I need to find a balance.  I need to allow myself to sit around and do nothing sometimes.  My body provides me with so much, I need to nurture it and make it happy.  This is something I will work on in 2013, I've already begun stretching regularly (but not enough).  

The last two days have been completely normal days in my life, so I leave you with the very few pictures I managed to take.  

Monday's workout.

I hate Valentine's Day and the boy will be working, so this was his present.  It took a lot of effort.

Monday's dinner was Meatza.

Meatza and salad.

Tuesday is cousin workout day.

Our circuits. 

Beef curry for dinner tonight.







No comments:

Post a Comment