Saturday, February 9, 2013

Just Another Week

I don't have much to say or any updates, so I've decided to post pictures from the last two and a half days of my life.  The only news I have is that, after two weeks of having to be up early every day (even the weekends), I finally got to sleep in.  And sleep I did.  I went to bed at 11 and got out of bed at 11.  Twelve hours of sleep.  I think I needed it.  Badly.  Boy and I were supposed to have date night last night, but I was simply too tired to do my hair and put on make up, so we ate a lovely dinner of bean and cheese burritos and salad, then sat in bed and watched a movie while I knitted.  Then I fell asleep.  It felt so good and I could not believe it was 11 when I woke up.  I haven't slept past 9 in a very, very, very long time.

Last night's dinner.

Milo watched the movie too.


As for my 365 days of fitness, on Thursday, I went to my dad's to run 7 miles on the treadmill because it was pouring and freezing outside.  I made sure to have an incline on the treadmill for at least 35 minutes of the run.  I am signing up for a 10 miler in March because I realized it was really good to  have goal and complete it.  Plus, this keeps me running, and if I don't have a running goal, I won't run (or do any cardio) and since I have stepped up the cardio in the last few months, I can definitely see changes in my body.

All done.

So much running.


On Friday (yesterday), I went home and did back and biceps.  I REALLY didn't want to.  I really wanted to take a nap.  The night before I had gotten about 4 hours of sleep total.  I was worried about several different things which kept my brain from turning off which kept me from falling asleep.  But, I knocked out the work out and felt good about it.

Can't make a mess like this at a real gym.

My workout for the afternoon.

Today, I went for a hike with the ex.  Now, this may sound weird, but he's a best friend.  We had a very amicable break up and we share a dog.  The boy is very, very gracious about our friendship.  He knows we have a long history together and he is very respectful and doesn't care if we hang out once in awhile.  He's so awesome.  The ex and I also know every little detail about each other after being together for 6 years (living together for 4).  So, it was a nice hike through the mountains to catch up on each other's lives.  I will always adore him, even if we aren't exactly right for each other marrying-wise.  Also, what's the point of all this physical activity if you don't go outside and have fun and play once in awhile?  We hiked for about an hour and a half, went back to his place and made a lunch of "squealers" (hamburgers made out a a meat mixture that has pork, beef, and elk?).  We put an egg on top and it was perfect.  Especially since I had just hopped out of bed and left for the hike, no coffee or food at all.

Pretty little waterfall.

Took this for my mushroom man.  It's very pretty, but would probably kill me.

We found a friend.


My boys enjoying themselves.

At the top.

Ex trying to get a better view.

This is where I live.  And I adore it.

Down there is the bay.

Our post-hike lunch.



Now I'm home, waiting for the boy to come back from Jui Jitsu so we can have the date night we planned last night.  We will probably go to dinner and then to the show playing at the theater I am involved with.  We know most of the people in it, so we are going to support them and listen to their amazing singing.  Tomorrow is food day, with brunch and dinner with our parents.  My fantastic running partner and I are meeting at 9 to get our long run over with, which will be nice.  Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment