Monday, February 4, 2013

Another Day

Everything was fairly normal today.  Got up, went to work, came home, worked out.  Nothing out of the ordinary, but it felt different.  I walked outside this morning and everything seemed brighter than usual.  My drive to work was quieter than usual.  I thought it was going to turn out to be a really weird day, but it never did.

I went over to my cousin's friend's house today to work out.  We had planned on Friday to workout on Monday again because tomorrow I have to stay for a meeting after work.  Her friend has a real 45lb bar which was incredibly exciting to me since I just have that small 4lb bar for now until I win the lottery, buy a bigger house, and have my own home gym.  We did our usual circuit of 16 exercises, but with less rest time in between.  I was super tired by the end of it.  It's so nice to have people who enjoy working out as much as I do.  Sometimes I feel insane for being such an addict, but then I get around other addicts and I don't feel as nuts.  They speak my language.

Cousin helping her friend with hip thrusters.

A very helpful workout partner.

Our workout for the day.

Then I came home, had a snack and showered.  I finished my taxes, which feels really good.  I'm also pretty much done with the part of the application that I need to be done with in order to turn it in.  This is really, really exciting.  

Post workout snack.  Protein and fruit.

Tonight's dinner was "Paleo Shepard's Pie."  I know there is a lot of controversy over the use of the term "Paleo," but for lack of a better word, that's what it's called.  It used cauliflower instead of potatoes.  It was absolutely delicious.  I love mashed cauliflower, so I thought this was delicious.

Straight out of the oven.

My complete meal.

Now I am secretly watching How I Met Your Mother on TV while it is airing because one of my very good friend's was an extra in this episode, so I have to watch it.  The problem is that this is a show that the boy and I watch together, so I will have to watch it again with him.  Then it's off to knitting and sleeping.  


No comments:

Post a Comment