Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Weirdest Most Delicious Thing I've Ever Eaten

Today in class we got to play tag. Sprinting around a field for an hour is one of the best ways to spend an afternoon. We are learning about Adaptive PE and how to make changes to physical activity to suit our students needs. Like if a student has a difficult time running, make it so that everyone has to walk. It's amazing how one little change can make a game fun for everyone involved.

It was a great warm up to my run at the gym.


I decided to get crazy and switch leg day to Thursdays instead of Fridays to see if that would make a difference in my long runs on Sunday. 


The most devastating thing happened while I was doing squats. I looked down and noticed my brand new headphones were broken.


Boyfriend is going to fix them when he gets home from work. 

I had bumped into the ex at dinner last week and invited him over to make dinner sometime this week, so he came over tonight. He also brought someone very special.


I haven't seen the Milo in 3 weeks, so I was so happy he came to visit. He does love living with his daddy, though, because he gets to find chicken food scattered in the yard to eat.

I made a sweet potato hash with ground beef, sweet potato, onion, garlic, and kale. I totally made the entire thing up and it turned out pretty good. I also added cucumber on top.


Since I was in charge of dinner, he was in charge of dessert and he made the weirdest most delicious thing I've ever eaten.

Yeah. It looks like brownies, but it's not. This is the ex that follows the Paleo diet and who got me started on my nutrition journey. While I don't eat Paleo, I do try to eat the most natural foods I can. These brownies were made out of avocado! 


We topped it with whipped cream (which we all know is my favorite food in the entire world). I could have eaten the entire pan. I kept going back for more slivers. Even the dogs knew it tasted delicious. Too bad there is really dark chocolate in it, so we couldn't share with them.


By the end of the night, Milo didn't want to go back to daddy's house, but he had to since I will be going out of town on Wednesday and didn't want to leave my brother with 3 dogs to look after.


Tomorrow is my last day of summer school. It really flew by. I am getting more excited about school in the fall by the minute because I have already made some good friends and have learned a lot in just the few short weeks.

Here is the recipe in case you are interested.  To make them sweeter, you can add a cup of honey instead of the half cup or you could use less intense chocolate (like 70 or 80% instead of baker's chocolate.  We were also thinking mint extract would make them even more delicious.  The recipe is from Fast Paleo.

Avocado Brownies

Ingredients

  • 4 oz Baking Chocolate
  • 1 T Coconut Oil
  • 2 Large Avocados
  • 1/2 c Honey
  • 1/4 c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 1 T Vanilla
  • 1 T Coconut Flour
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/2 t Baking Soda, 1/2 t Baking Powder
  • 1/2 t Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

In a microwave safe bowl, stir together the coconut oil and baking chocolate and nuke for about 20 seconds at a time until melted, stirring in between so it doesn’t curdle. 

Puree the avocados in a food processor–make sure there are NO LUMPS. We want brownies, not guac. 

Fold the chocolate into the avocados in a large mixing bowl. 

With an electric mixer, beat the remaining ingredients into the batter until smooth. Grease an 8×8 pan and pour the batter, smoothing out the edges. 

Bake for 30 minutes, stick with a knife or toothpick to see if cooked all the way through.

What's the weirdest most delicious thing you've ever eaten?

2 comments:

  1. Avocado brownies?! Yum! I've heard of black bean brownies and avocado chocolate mousse...I guess you can hide the taste of anything with a little cocoa!

    It's cool that you and your ex get along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to have to try those! They sound amazing!!!!!!!!!
    AND YAY! For being done with summer school!!!!!
    I love the program that your school has! I wish mine was like that!

    ReplyDelete