Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day

It is so weird to me that today is Thursday because all day I have been thinking it's Sunday. It's so weird that we just have one day off in the middle of the week. I slept until my alarm went of at 9 to meet the bestie at the gym.


I did 5 miles and felt asleep the entire time. As soon as I hopped off, I was awake and we did our shoulder routine. The gym was PACKED because it was only open until 1. It was so hard maneuvering around other people, but we made it.


Then I came home and folded laundry while watching Extreme Makover: Weight Loss Edition. It was a married couple this week and they were so inspiring. Then I ate a quick breakfast before heading to Old Town to wander the festival with the step sister.


It was incredibly warm. It has been foggy and freezing for 99% of the 4th of Julys I've been alive, so I was seriously confused when I went outside and there was a bright, warm thing in the sky.


We spent the rest of the afternoon at my dad's house. I was incredibly exciting and did homework. I'm living the student life now.


I refueled from my hard study sesh with delicious BBQ'd pork tenderloin and salmon, along with some homemade potato salad, fruit salad, and chopped salad.


Then of course there was dessert.


I have been pretending to do homework the rest of the evening, trying to stay awake for the local fireworks over the bay. I may choose not to go because, in usual fashion, the fog is rolling in. I hope everyone has had a fantastic 4th!!!

1 comment:

  1. I kept thinking today (the 5th) was Saturday because I thought the 4th was on a Friday, so when my alarm went off at 6 this morning, I was like "what the hell? Why am I waking up?" lol!
    Ahhh...the student life, I don't mess that! :)
    For some reason, your picture of your notes made me think of pen pals. Weird, huh? Maybe because we never see bloggers' hand writing??? lol!
    Hope you had a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete