Tuesday, July 2, 2013

When Runs Feel Easy

After my horrible long run(s) on Sunday, the past two days of running have felt so easy. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the fact that I am running to unwind from my very long work/school days, or maybe it's because I am in a completely different gym than the one I am used to. Whatever it is, I am not complaining.


Today I did a progression run of sorts. I started with a 7:42 minute mile, then 7:30, then 7:04, then 6:54. I seriously felt amazing. The miles went quickly and I wasn't tired at all.


Then I hit up the weight room for some chest/tricep action. I don't know what it is about having 45 men surrounding me that makes me work harder, but it does. It's probably because I feel like I need to prove myself. Which is totally stupid. No woman should feel intimidated in the weight room. In my very limited experience in my locally owned gym, the women have far better form and know what they are doing better than the men. Women! Do not fear the weights! They have so many benefits, including helping to stay injury free while running!

This is from a year ago, but it still gets the point across.


Besides having an awesome exercise day, I had the best salad for lunch. I realized as I was half way to work that I had forgotten my packed lunch so I stopped at our co-op on the way to school and made myself and even better lunch.


I will be dreaming of this salad for the rest of the week. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog reminds me every day that I need to get in the gym and lift weights! The hubby has a free guest pass on the weekends and I was going to start this Sat but my 5K is on Sunday so next weekend fo' sure :)

    ReplyDelete