These days, I haven't felt very inspired by my own writing. As you can tell, my blogging has kind of taken a back seat and all of my posts have been super random and don't have any direction. They also rarely mention my workouts, which I promise I am going to start doing more often. I swear I work out every day still! When I got word that Heather over at Girl Goes Running had nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, I was dumbfounded and truly felt honored. That girl kicks some major running butt and I am inspired by her every single time she posts. She's crazy fast and runs far! So to hear her say that I inspire her was absolutely a compliment! So thank you so, so much Heather. It means the world to me!
From her Blog: "This award asks that
So here are seven random things about me that you may not have known before.
1. I chew the straw on every single drink I order. Of course, you are already well aware that I HAVE to drink out of a straw, but I may have left out the fact that I chew those straws to oblivion. I don't just chew my straw either. I accidentally will do it to anyone's straw who allows me to borrow their drink. A side note: I am obviously a great friend.
2. I was fat growing up. I was made fun of for it quite a bit. This has led to some really poor self esteem issues. When I look in the mirror, sometimes all I can see is that little fat girl. So many people have told me (especially lately) how beautiful I am, but I simply can't see it for myself, no matter how hard I try. And believe me, I try really hard.
3. I have this thing where I internalize a lot of my emotions. I don't tell people when I am actually upset and just let it stew inside for awhile before I finally get over it. This leads to me letting people walk all over me and having expectations crushed. It's something I'm working on and I am pretty sure it has to do with me being an extreme introvert.
4. On that same note, I very rarely cry. It takes A LOT for me to cry and it takes even more for me to cry in front of someone and even more than that for me to cry in public. I often feel as though I want to cry or need to cry, but I just can't. It builds up until something tiny happens (like I stub my toe or someone is driving too slow in front of me) and then I finally go in my room and let it all out for a good 20 minutes. Then it's another few months before it happens again. If I cry in front of you, you know you are important to me and something has seriously upset me.
5. I never follow a recipe when I cook. I always just kind of make it up as I go along. Tonight I made chicken breast with brussels sprouts, steamed veggies, and brown rice. I totally made up the entire chicken dish and I went back for seconds. I don't believe in recipes mostly because I don't have the patience to follow them exactly. Maybe my food would be better if I stuck to a recipe!
6. I have to hang my clothes in my closet in this color order: whites, reds, oranges, yellows, greens, blues, purples, pinks, browns, grays, and blacks. All of the hangers also have to be hanging in the same direction. For awhile, all of the hangers had to be exactly the same, but I have since gotten out of that weirdness. I could always tell when someone else put my clothes away because it would be in the wrong color section, or it would be hanging the wrong way. I believe I picked this weird trait up from my big sister.
7. I'm really, really good at smacking my head on things. When I was a sophomore in high school, I ran into a glass window (literally RAN) and practically gave myself a concussion. This story deserves its own blog post. Another time, I was laughing so hard during a theater rehearsal, I threw my head forward and slammed it into the metal seat in front of me. Another time, I slammed my head in the car door. After 26 years on this planet, one would assume I know where my head is. I don't.
And there is a peek even deeper into my crazy self. Thank you again to Heather. It really does mean the world to me.
All of the bloggers who inspire me have been nominated already, and to be honest, I only read blogs that inspire me. Each and every one of you deserve this, so please, take the time to do it if you so choose!