Saturday, November 30, 2013

Not Able to Sit Still

When we got back to my grandma's house Thanksgiving evening, my brother and I decided we felt really gross about ourselves, so we put on an exercise video.


I felt like I had spent the day sitting and it had been a long time since my run. We had fun bouncing around together, yelling at the computer for making us hurt.


Friday, we were up early and on the road. I thought I would have time to get a quick run in, but no such luck. My brother and I spent a very long 5 hours sitting in the car.


I don't do sitting still well. At all. Sitting in the car makes me anxious and I have so much pent up energy when I get home. Boyfriend was finally off work, so we did our weekly trip to Costco (yes, on Black Friday!) and then I immediately got into gym clothes. Sometime between when we got home and when I was changing, plans got made.


My friend's family was in town for Thanksgiving and she wanted Malcom and their puppy to meet. We headed over there to let them get their crazies out. They played really hard. I was feeling super anxious because I hadn't gotten my workout in, but I realized that I need to give up control once in awhile and spend time in the moment with people who matter.


We did eventually make it to the gym. The benefit of sitting in a car for hours and then not getting any of my pent up energy out was that my run felt really easy. 


Then boyfriend and I made our way to the weight room to do some back and biceps.


It was almost 9 by the time we got home and I was starving. I cooked up the most delicious meal of chicken breast, Brussels sprouts, eggplant, and zucchini with a side of salad. Just what I needed after Thanksgiving.


This morning I was up early to meet the ladies from my cohort for a walk on the beach. I haven't seen them in a week and it felt like it had been months. We had 4 dogs and they just ran and ran.


It was a really great 2 hour walk down the beach. It was so nice to be out in the fresh air with ladies I adore. We tried to get a picture of the pups all together, but we only managed to get three of them.


The fourth one was a little bit spastic and wouldn't sit still.


The rest of my day was spent doing homework that I had been avoiding the past two days while this was going on around me.


Yep. My house is decorated for Christmas. It transformed before my eyes. Tomorrow we are getting our tree, which always marks the beginning of Christmas for me. Of course, I was too busy doing homework to really get into the spirit. I just can't seem to get into it this year. Call me the grinch. Or just call me broke and not excited to buy gifts.

Again, I can't sit still, so I forced boyfriend to do a workout video. Then my mom made us another Thanksgiving dinner of sorts because we had no leftovers and we were feeling kind of sad about that.


Now I am going to stop doing homework for the evening and maybe spend some quality time with the boyfriend.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing is worse than eating delicious food but then feeling like you haven't moved in awhile. I'm definitely the same way.

    That plate of food looks amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I tried commenting on this before and it wouldn't let me.... :(
    Now I can't remember what I was going to say!
    Yay for workout buddies!

    ReplyDelete