Monday, November 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Dad

I've written a post about how awesome my dad is before.  You can find it here.  But today is his 67th birthday and he didn't want to do anything.  He didn't even want to have dinner.  I can't let my dad's birthday go by without anything happening at all, so here is a list of the top 10 reasons why my dad is awesome.

10.  He cooks us dinner every Sunday night.  And then cleans it all up.



9.  He had this mustache for the majority of my childhood.



8.  And, in most of my childhood memories of him, he was wearing these shorts.



7.  He plays fun, hip games like disc golf, bocce ball, and ping pong.


6.  He gives a speech at every single birthday party.  My brother and I pretend to hate it, but we really love it.


5.  He takes selfies with me.



4.  He is always willing to go for a hike with me.


3.  He taught me to love reading for recreation.  I don't remember a time that he wasn't in the middle of a book.




2.  He has taught me and continues to teach me the importance of a good work ethic.



1.  He loves me unconditionally.  He will drop what he is doing to help me get out of a sticky situation, he roots me on at races, he tells me almost daily how proud he is of me, he gives me good advice, and most importantly, he tells me he loves me every day.  He is the best dad on the planet.  


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your dad! Scarlet and him almost share the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this post had me laughing and tearing up. The mustache...the shorts!!! Your dad sounds awesome. Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to your dad!!!!! I hope he had a fabulous birthday :)

    ReplyDelete