Tuesday, May 21, 2013

One Year

One year ago today the boyfriend asked me to be his girlfriend.  And I said yes.

A little over a year ago, before we started dating.

The night of our first kiss.


I was really hesitant about saying yes because of our age difference (let's just say he's a little younger...okay, he couldn't even drink legally for the first 4 months of our relationship...).  But I said yes anyway.  Because I liked him and he made me laugh and I loved being around him.  He made me feel comfortable and happy.

The first weekend we were dating.  Memorial Day camping trip.

In that year we have become inseparable.  Before he got his job in October, I didn't go a single day without seeing him.  And I didn't want to.  It's still hard to say goodbye, and he's only gone for 72 hours at the most.

I guess I can't complain when he's saving lives.  This was Christmas.

This is what I posted on Facebook: One year ago today, B asked me to be his girlfriend. In that year he has made me laugh, told me I am beautiful at least 2 times a day, fixed things that I needed fixed without me asking, introduced me to some of the greatest family members in the world, taken me to one of the most beautiful places on the planet, renewed my love of bacon, brought me coffee to work when I can hardly keep my eyes open, put up with my obsessive love of exercise, cheered me on at races, and many, many more amazing things. Most importantly, in that year, he has taught me the meaning of unconditional love and has shown me that I am worthy of it. I love you. Happy anniversary!


He has taught me the true meaning of unconditional love.  I have horrible self image and very low self esteem.  I have trouble believing that someone can be in love with me simply for who I am.  But he does.  He is the most kindhearted soul I know and when he cares about a person, he will bend over backward, move mountains, do anything to make that person happy.  He puts me before he puts himself and he supports me in every crazy, idiotic thing I do.  


I am so thankful every day that I said yes.  This year has been fantastic and I know there will be many more to go.








1 comment:

  1. Happy One Year Anniversary!!!!!!
    I love when people find that person that compliments them!!!!
    What a beautiful thing!
    Love is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete