Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Different Week

Monday marked a brand new era in my life, except it's totally strange because I'm right back to where I started in this job as a sub before being placed in the classroom I just said goodbye to.  Same classroom and everything.  Different teacher, however.  It's strange being back.  I adore these new-to-me students but at the same time I miss my people and my students.  The teacher I worked with called me yesterday to see how my first day went.  He said, "I swear I won't call you every day!"  I wouldn't mind if he did.  It feels like a little piece of home.

Tomorrow I am actually subbing as a teacher with my 30-day emergency credential I applied for last Friday, so that's pretty exciting.  Thursday and Friday will be brand new days for me since I will be going to a school I've never been to (the high school boyfriend graduated from) and working with people I don't believe I've ever even seen.  This is scary.

Sunday, after the race and when I was able to peel myself out of bed, we went to my dad's for dinner.  He made us smoothies, Mexican casserole, salad, and corn bread.  It was the perfect post-race meal.




Then boyfriend and I headed out to our friend's Cinco de Mayo bonfire at her house.  It always makes me happy when we go hang out with real friends.  I feel like much less of a loser when we do.  It was a good way to end the weekend.




Monday, I got in my car all nervous to go to my new job and my car wouldn't start.  Turns out, my keys had gotten washed and the chip that allows the car to turn on had fallen out.  This was not a good way to start the week.  Boyfriend got out of bed and drove me to work and I had my dad pick me up.  I felt like a middle schooler again.  I had to have the car towed to the car dealership where I bought it 2.5 years ago.  It ended up being about 5:30 before I could even think about exercise.

This was a moment I was so happy to have a home gym of sorts.  Since I have no desire to run because my shins still hurt and I have to walk on the side of my foot because of blisters, I popped in Insanity and did the warm up and then did my shoulder circuit.  I wanted to lay down the entire time, but I finished it.

Excuses aren't allowed when the weights stare at you.

Pot roast for dinner


Today, I had to go to the car dealership to see what the heck was up with my car.  Well, I have to buy 2 new keys and they aren't cheap.  I also still don't have my car.  Thank goodness for my little brother and dad for making sure I've been able to get to and from work.  I came home and made the mistake of laying down.  I was out for a good 45 minutes.  I don't usually nap.  I forced myself to do my chest and tricep workout but quit after only 8 exercises instead of the usual 10.  I don't think my body is recovered from racing.  Then I had gluten free stroganoff for dinner and life felt good.




1 comment:

  1. I love bonfires!!
    Good luck on your new journey!
    Can't wait to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete