Thursday, May 2, 2013

All Good Things Have Got To Come To An End

This is the evening before the last day of the past 5 years of my life.  Do I feel sad?  Yes.  Do I feel nervous?  Yes.  Do I feel lucky that I got to spend 5 years with some of the most awesome people on the planet and the best students in the world?  Yes.

I've been thinking about the past 5 years and how my coworkers have watched me grow up.  I started as a 19-year-old college student and am leaving a 25-year-old woman.  They have watched me go through my eating disorder, the saddest period of my entire life, my crazy stay-out-all-night-because-I'm-21-and-single phase, and finally my exercise obsessed, happy with my entire life phase.  Of course, they have no idea that some days they were the only shining light in my life.  I keep my personal life out of my work life, but I owe everything to these people and these students.  I have the utmost respect and love for them.

Enough sappy stuff.  The weather is back to being absolutely beautiful!!!  The wind went away and we are left with the 70s again.  I don't know what's going on!

The outside thermometer in my car and the AC was on!

I went up to my college this afternoon to try and get my official transcripts faster than if I ordered them over the internet.  Well, it ended up being just a stupid extra drive because I still have to wait 24-48 hours and had to pay 10 extra dollars for them to not be lazy and print them for me in a day!  I do get excited every time I go to campus to be a college student again.  That's a good sign.  I need these transcripts so that I can apply for an emergency credential so that I can sub as a teacher in a classroom and get paid more!  Then I went to the gym and pumped out some squats and deadlifts.  I did NOT run!  I was on the elliptical for 10 minutes before I wanted to die, but I was pretty proud I lasted that long.


I came home, took Milo for a walk because it was so gorgeous outside, and helped make dinner.  Boyfriend came home from work today and brought me some fresh local strawberries from a farm stand.  They taste so amazing!  We had taco salad again for dinner.  

Notice the amount of cheese and avocado.

Then I printed some pictures to write my coworkers thank you notes on.  I don't think a thank you note can really denote just how much I adore them, but it's a nice try, I think.

All ready to go.

While I was writing my thank you note, boyfriend came out from hiding in the bedroom where he had been all night and brought me a necklace he had made.  It's beautiful.  It's an agate that he found during our summer trip to Waldron.  Waldron is an island in the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington. He grew up during the summers there and he brought me there last year.  It's totally off the grid, only one house has internet.  It's only 4 miles wide and about 100 people live there all year round.  It's the most magical, special place I've ever been and I dream about it almost daily.  It looks a little something like this:

That's Canada in the background.

One of the activities that they do on Waldron is agate hunt.  It's a big deal.  Each child has their own collection from over the years.  While we were there, he found one that was actually shaped a bit like the island itself.  It was a pretty special one.  So, he made it into a necklace for me to cheer me up.  I think he's a keeper.  Maybe?


Now I think I will go dream of Waldron to keep me from freaking out too much about tomorrow being the last day of the past 5 years of my life.







1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a peaceful day!!
    Thinking of you!

    The necklace is gorgeous and now I want to go to Waldron. It does seem so magical!

    ReplyDelete