Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happily Ever After

Wedding day started at 5:45am again. We still had last minute decorations to attend to and had to run to CVS for a few things. Lots and lots of coffee was involved. Sister also gave us our bridesmaid gifts which are absolutely beautiful and I haven't taken it off since.


Our hair appointment was at 9, so we left the house around 8:30. Everything in LA is so far away from everything else. We had a relaxing time getting our hair nice and pretty, but it took a lot longer than we had planned for, so we left at 11:30 and the wedding was supposed to start at 1 in Newport Beach. 




Since we still had to go back to the house in Anaheim to get dressed and do make up, we rushed as fast as we could. We got back to the house in time for her to get in her wedding dress and for me to finish my make up.


I ended up having to do my other step sister's make up in the car on the way to the ceremony, but I'd say it turned out okay.


We made it to the beach where the ceremony was going to happen just in the nick of time. Unfortunately, her dad had gotten lost and was late, so we stood around for about 40 minutes waiting. She was so not stressed at all, t was amazing! She was the best bride ever.




I had given my phone to my dad to give to the boyfriend to take a few pictures of the ceremony since I would be busy. Sometime between me giving him the phone and him giving the phone to boyfriend, dad had gotten the idea that I said to take as many pictures as possible, so when I got my phone back, the memory was completely full because boyfriend took him seriously. Luckily I got a few good shots of the boys waiting for the ladies.





Finally, the ladies made their way to the overlook where the boys were waiting. It was the most gorgeous day for a wedding in one of the prettiest places I've ever seen.



The ceremony was short and sweet and absolutely perfect. They wrote their own vows and my step aunt married them. 


Because the boyfriend took 9 bazillion pictures and filled up my memory, he missed the part where they kiss for the first time as a married couple. You know, one of the more important parts... But finally, they were man and wifey.


The guests made their way back to the house where the reception was being held while the wedding party stayed back to take pictures. I am super excited to see the pictures. They are going to be amazing. It was around this time that I realized in the hustle of the day, I hadn't eaten anything except black coffee. I was so happy when we finally got back to the car to celebrate and eat. And eat I did. The groom's mother made fresh Mexican food for dinner, complete with freshly made corn tortillas. It was probably the best meal I've ever eaten. I also FINALLY got to spend some time with this guy, who I had hardly seen all weekend (he went to Disneyland while I did the Girly stuff the day before).


The reception was small and lovely. The couple only decided to invite family and maybe some day they will have a bigger reception with all of their friends. It was very laid back. They had beautiful cupcakes and a carrot cake for dessert, which I can't eat, but you better believe I hit up the s'mores bar complete with gluten free graham crackers.





The night ended with fireworks. We were such nice wedding guests to pay Disney to do a fireworks show for the newly married couple. So nice that we didn't even go to the park to watch, but instead stood in the street bugging the neighbors with our snarky comments.


The best/worst part of the night was the bouquet toss. I caught it, fair and square. I was so excited until my hopes and dreams were dashed in a split second when the girl behind me ripped them out of my hands. My step sister was laughing so hard. Luckily, the moment was captured.




1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous wedding!!
    You looked amazing!!
    Looks like you had a fun weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete