Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Last Day of School

Every day for the last 5 years, I have been in charge of our students graduation.  They participate in the regular ed 8th grade graduation ceremony, which I think is really cool.  I create their slideshow with pictures throughout the years, their silhouette with pictures and quotes around it, work with them to write their "last wills and testaments," and hand make invitations.  This year was no different, except for the fact that I didn't actually get to see the kids graduate.  This made me really sad, but my last day of school today was a close second, and I have absolutely no complaints.

We started the day with an hour long hike through the redwoods.  The high school kids that I work with are very mobile and quite independent, so most of them were able to trek up and down the hills.  I am SO lucky to have the job that I do.  I mean, who else gets to hike through the redwoods with a bunch of awesome kids and coworkers for an hour?  I couldn't snap any pictures because I was working, but my goodness the forest is gorgeous.  I was really confused when the kids started eating lunch at 11:30.  The last day of school is usually an early out for the regular ed population, but at my old school, our kids always had to stay until the regular time.  I guess at the high school, the kids get to leave early and they were all gone by 12!  I couldn't believe it.  It was basically a perfect last day of school.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous when I got home, so of course I had to take advantage of it and go for a run on my usual 5k route.  I have been getting rather bored with it lately since I have been running it for years, but today I had so much on my mind that the miles flew by.

I keep my phone in my bra while I run, so it was all cloudy from the sweat.  Gross, I know.

Stretching in the sun.


Then I came inside, got barefoot, and did my shoulder routine.  I am thinking about creating a page specifically for my workouts because I mention them a lot, but don't go into specifics, just in case my dad my readers are curious about what I do (hint: I make it up as I go along).


I finished off my workout with a plank, as I have been since I heard of the plank-a-day challenge.  I don't know about anyone else, but my sides right underneath my armpits are so sore from planking.


After working out, I realized I hadn't eaten lunch yet, so I made tuna and paired it with vegetables and 65 pounds of fruit.  I am a fruit addict.  


I then crawled into bed with an icepack, green tea, and put on "Spirit of the Marathon," which I got totally sucked into.  It's really, really good and almost makes me want to sign up for a full.  I'm scared though.  

My left knee has been bothering me, so I figured icing it would be good.

Our good family friend's twins are graduating from high school this year.  They both went to different high schools based on preference and where they felt they would best succeed.  So the girl's graduation was today and the boy's graduation is tomorrow.  We had their graduation party at our house.  I forced myself out of bed (and had to pause the movie) to go be a good friend and watch the graduation ceremony.

This is also where I graduated from college.

The spread when we got home was fantastic.


I ate my weight in food because I was starving.

I accidentally had two plates.  This was just the first one.

Now I am back in bed ready to finish my movie.  I am going to spend the first day of vacation at the gym with my best friend teaching her how to make her not be able to stand up from the toilet workout her legs with lots of squats and lunges.  I can't wait!








1 comment:

  1. Not to scare you or anything, but I read a news article about a young woman with breast cancer. Guess where she kept her phone? Maybe we should get you a new arm band.

    ReplyDelete