Sunday, June 23, 2013

Muggy

We Northern California people live in a rainforest.  The Redwood forest technically is a rainforest, so I am used to 1 gazillion percent humidity and my hair going back to curly the moment I step outside, but what I'm not used to is it being hot and humid.  Today it was hot.  And extremely humid.  It felt like I was walking around in Hawaii.  Which is so strange because Friday and Saturday were absolutely beautiful, not hard to breathe, days.

Friday is always leg day at the gym.  The most dreaded day of them all.  Lunges HURT.  I started with a 4.5 mile run.


Then I taught the bestie how to deadlift.  And we squatted.  A lot.  I love squats.  They make me feel strong.  They also make my butt fit nicely into jeans.  Lunges, however, are evil.  Jumping lunges are even worse.


Since I've been working out with the best friend, I haven't been wearing my headphones to listen to music.  This obviously is an invitations for men in the gym to talk to me, because I've never had any problem with anyone talking to me ever.  Friday a man asked what my deadlift PR was and I told him 195.  He then proceeded to call me a badass.  That felt good, but also a little weird.

Friday ended with babysitting.  We made gluten free chocolate chip cookies and watched The Yellow Submarine.  This 3-year-old can name all of the Beatles.  He's so cool.  


Saturday was incredibly uneventful.  I did a HIIT video from Fitness Blender.  I'm kind of obsessed with this website because they have SO many videos that I will probably never get bored.  They're all free too!  The boyfriend and I just hung around doing literally nothing, except grocery shopping.  We ended up with ingredients to make hamburgers and homemade fries.  Came out quite well, if I do say so myself.



We also made Milo into a superhero.


The night ended with a date to the theater to see Next to Normal which is probably the most depressing show I have ever seen.  I cried the entire way through it.  So powerful.  But we were that annoying couple who matched.


My brother did not match, but he did jump on us.

I went to bed and it was super hot in my room, but I could breathe just fine, so I was super surprised when I woke up in the middle of the night and it was pouring down rain and the room felt like I had just stepped out of a hot shower.  We accidentally slept in until 10:45 and then rushed to boyfriend's mom's house for brunch.


It's country living out where the boyfriend grew up, so there's always yard work to be done.  This week we helped chainsaw logs into smaller pieces for firewood.  It was so humid and hard to breathe that we were beat by the time we were done, so we rested in the hammock with fresh raspberry lemonade that his grandma made with lemons and raspberries from her garden.



Then of course, it was Sunday Runday and I rushed home to get into workout clothes.  I was dripping in sweat within two minutes of starting the run and spent 37 minutes trying to breathe correctly.  It was horrible.  But, I finished what I set out to do.



I had never been more happy for rain in my entire life.


Also, the boyfriend takes 9 million pictures with my phone, so this is the, "STOP NOW" face I give him on a regular basis.


I stretched and tried to get my breathing under control and waited for the casserole that weighed as much as me to be finished.


I love refueling.


The day ended with some quality family time.


And whipped cream, obviously.  Now I am in bed with the window wide open still feeling as though I am in Hawaii and seriously wishing I was.  Tomorrow marks one week until I start school again.  I'm nervous!

1 comment:

  1. You will do fine in school! I can't wait to hear about it!
    1. You are a bad ass :)
    2. I want raspberry lemonade now
    3. I totally think you and my husband would be great friends! :)

    ReplyDelete