Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Random List Of Things

I'm in my second day off and I already feel too lazy to write a post with any sort of theme, so I am doing the cop out and making a random list.

1. I fully intended on getting out of bed this morning and doing a couple of hours of homework. Instead, boyfriend's Kindle with Sharp Objects on it called my name and I spent two hours reading a book for pure enjoyment. I blame the author for writing such engrossing stories.


2. I did eventually do some homework. I started two of the big assignments that are due at the end of the semester, so I feel like I was sort of productive today.


3. I am having a hard time accepting that next week is December. Every time someone mentions something that is happening in December, I have a momentary freak out that it really is almost the end of 2013. My birthday is in less than a month. How does time go so fast now??


4. Never do a leg heavy workout the day before a long run. I thought the workout was easy while I was doing it, but I had to crawl out of bed this morning and limped my way around the house until my legs finally warmed up and realized that they were supposed to help me walk. I forced Boyfriend to walk the dogs with me in attempt to loosen them up before my run.


5. It has been abnormally gorgeous here the past couple of days. This may be why I am so confused about what month it is. We did take the dogs to the school about a half a mile from my house to run around and chase the ball. It was lovely.


6. Due to it being so beautiful, I strapped on my Garmin and limped my way through 6.2 glorious outside miles. Okay. My legs warmed up after a mile and it felt really great being outside in the Vitamin D and soaking up the crisp fall air. I did 4 more miles inside while watching Modern Family on my dad's iPad.


7. My sister and husband have left for LA today for Thanksgiving, which means they weren't here at Sunday dinner. My brother is in Davis visiting college friends and will be meeting us at our grandma's house for Thanksgiving. So it was just dad, step mom, boyfriend, and myself for dinner. It was lonely, but nice to have that individual time with the parents.


8. I was getting amazing Snapchats all day, though, so I didn't feel as sad about missing my niece and sister and brother-in-law.


9. The dogs were terribly cute today. They fight over the smallest piece of sunshine in the house to lay in. Dogs are strange creatures.


10. I had to have ten because I am slightly OCD. I feel like you haven't seen enough pictures of my whipped cream obsession lately, so I made sure to take a nice picture of my dessert.


I hope everyone has a fabulous Monday!

3 comments:

  1. This year had really flown by. It's crazy!!! Leg workouts the day before a run haha. Yeah... JELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in denial that it's almost December. Like, it's freaking crazy. Also, I've been eating so much whipped cream lately too! I blame winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat - I can't believe it is almost December! CRAAZZZZZYYY!!!!!
    I love random posts! They are my fave!

    ReplyDelete