Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Great News, Great Run, and a Birthday

Today is my little brother's 22nd birthday. We have always gotten along and I have been really lucky to never really understand sibling rivalry.


I started my day at school, but I was lucky to have an hour and a half for lunch. I met my brother, cousin, and mom for his birthday lunch.


We had Chinese food, which used to be my favorite food until I was introduced to Phò, which now I cannot live without. I settled for chicken and veggies.


After school and learning how to create a good relationship with your administrator, I went to the gym for a quick workout before I had to decorate for the birthday party. While I was changing, I got a call from my superintendent telling me that a job opened up in the classroom I call home and I will be doing my first 12 weeks of student teaching in that classroom. I was so pumped and excited that my progression run felt super easy.


It's really amazing what a positive attitude can do for your run. A good mood really makes all of the difference. I did chest/tricep and then rushed home to decorate. My brother got to the house and we decorated him.


The boys also got into the decorating spirit.


My sister and the baby were there. Doesn't she just look so great for being the mom of a 5-day-old??


My best friend (who is due in November) came over and we had some good, much needed laughs. No matter how much time passes without seeing her, we can pick up right where we left off.


I'm so lucky. And I am so excited to get back into the swing of things with my coworkers who feel like family. It was a really great day.

Tell me about your day.
What was on your training schedule?

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!
    12 weeks in your "home!"
    Exciting things are happening!!!
    Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot get over your speediness! So awesome!

    Your sister is still glowing :o)

    ReplyDelete