Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Runner With No Appetite???

I've been having stomach issues since Friday. I don't know what's going on, but it hurts. I've also been asleep before 9 each night and it's only 7:15 right now and I am ready for bed.


I woke up this morning trying to convince myself to get my long run out of the way. It did not work. I sat around, doing homework, catching up in TV shows, basically anything to get me out of running. 


Then it was noon all of a sudden and we had to go to boyfriend's company picnic. His ambulance company is also a taxi company, so along with paramedics and EMTs, there were taxi drivers. It was an incredibly random mix of people. There was also tri tip, which I LOVE, but since I have no appetite, I only had a bite.


Boyfriend and I went to Costco to stock up for the week and I was about ready to just call walking around Costco enough cardio for the day. Well, eventually I made it into workout clothes for my run and I did 8.2 very painful miles.


When I was done, I laid on the floor in the stretching area of the gym for longer than was socially appropriate. I also did some ab work to make it look like I was doing something other than dying on the floor. When I got home, dinner was ready, which is always a plus.


It was delicious. But let's talk about how I just ran 8 miles. Usually I am starving and want to nosh on anything I can find that's edible. Tonight, this is how far I got.


Me? Leave vegetables on my plate?!? That's unheard of. Maybe I should have listened to my body and not ran today. I would have been even more upset if I had done that though, so it's a lose-lose situation. 

Tomorrow is the first day students are back at school and I am so excited about seeing my old students. I'm just hoping my stomach issues clear up for this busy week.

What do you do when you have stomach issues?

3 comments:

  1. Oh hun....listen to your body! :)
    I hope your issues clear up and you are feeling back to normal!!!!
    Some days are just rest days!!!
    Sending healing thoughts your way so you can have an awesome day with your students!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my days where I'm not hungry at all and then the next day I'll be starving. I say just listen to your body, it knows what's up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a long run, especially if it felt hard, I lose my appetite for a few hours. Trying to eat real food after a run is weird to me haha!

    ReplyDelete