Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sweaty Selfies and Race Photos

After my crazy day on Tuesday, I was so out of it yesterday. I'm surprised I was able to write a coherent blog post. My brother had started a fire in the fireplace and I was in the living room, staring straight at it for several HOURS before I realized that a fire was going. Needless to say, I was in bed at 7. This might've happened.


I was passed out by 8:30. Being exhausted didn't stop me from heading to the gym after my placement to run and hit up the squat rack. And take sweaty gym selfies.


Today, it finally rained. ALL DAY! I don't even remember the last time it rained all day. We are in a major, very scary drought situation here in California, so it was amazing to get caught in the pouring down rain.


On Thursdays, my class starts at 2. This gives me approximately 45 minutes for a workout which means Thursdays have become my speed day. Today I warmed up for a mile, then did 10 intervals of 30 seconds fast, 90 seconds recovery followed by a cool down. I was exhausted by the end of it.


My race photos were finally put up this week, so I will leave you with them. I have no idea how to not pose for pictures. Daughter of a photographer problems!




Do you ever do speed work?

4 comments:

  1. You look awesome in your race pics! I always look like I have to go to the bathroom. I THINK I MIGHT get on the treadmill today for the first time in.... months! Speed work of course. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to teach me to take decent race photos. I make the most unflattering face in every single one. :) You are going to get wicked fast with weekly speedwork -- you're already quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome in your photos, even your sweaty selfies. Sweaty selfies are my fave!
    I LOVE speed work. It sucks but I LOVE it! I can't wait to do some this week hopefully the temps will stay up! :)

    ReplyDelete