Sunday, February 23, 2014

Outside All Day

Thank you all for your well wishes! That was one of the stranger things that has happened to me. I definitely stayed on the couch all evening and fell asleep early. My fever was gone by morning and I have been totally fine ever since.

Yesterday started with some grooming for Milo. He obviously adores getting his nails trimmed.


Then Boyfriend and I went with his dad and brother who are in town to visit his grandpa. It was gorgeous and out of cell service, so I had all day to just be away from technology and off the grid. It's always so refreshing. We had been invited to a sushi party that evening.


We were discussing the fact that I don't remember not having sushi parties and that they are just such a way of life for me. I've been so lucky. And maybe if this teaching thing doesn't work out, I can get a job rolling sushi. ;-)


This little lady and I spent a lot of time laughing at each other.


Today, I wasted a lot of time in the morning avoiding my run. I eventually got to it and it was so gorgeous outside, I got totally lost in it.


I now have a lovely runner's tan that I've been missing for a couple of weeks since I haven't been outside much lately. I came home and sat on the couch for a few minutes before getting to my next outdoor adventure.


My mom, sister, the baby, Malcom, and I all went for a lovely hike in the redwoods. My mom was in her natural state, of course.


It should be known that my mother has an obsession with Trillium so she has to take a picture of every single one in the forest.

I always feel so rejuvenated when I am in the woods. Nature is where I am meant to be. I guess it's just so cleansing to me and I don't even realize how much staying inside all day kills me until I spend an entire day outside.


I'm pretty lucky to live with the big trees. She's pretty lucky to be growing up here too.


Needless to say, I was starving when I got back to my dad's. Thank goodness dinner was ready for me. I had to take a picture because it was so green.


It's back to the grind tomorrow. We only have three more weeks at our placement before we go to our last placement! I cannot believe how close I am to finishing it.

Where do you feel the most cleansed?

5 comments:

  1. Omg, that picture of Milo is hilarious! Lola hates getting groomed too.

    you killed your run and I'm so happy you're better. :)

    p.s. you are not an idiot about the temperature conversions, lol. Whenever you guys talk Farenheit (sp), I have to get Matt to convert it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm clearly you are feeling better- great 11mi pace!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little lady is adorable!!!!
    Yay for your run!! You rock girlfriend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of Milo is my favorite. So funny. Also, you can make me sushi any time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how big your niece is already! So crazy. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete