Monday, January 14, 2013

Marvelous Monday

It was back to work today, as it is almost every Monday morning.  Mondays at work fly by since they are so busy.  I am on my feet more than I am off of them.  I really enjoy that because I love moving my body.  I can't sit still for too long or else I get restless.  I adore my job and the people that I work with.  It makes everything so much better when I actually enjoy and look forward to going to work.  I am incredibly blessed.

Around 1, tiredness hit me like a brick.  Of course, I spent the hour until I got off work debating with myself whether or not I really wanted to stick with my shoulder routine when I got home.  Of course, the answer was yes.

When I get home, I find that I need about a 20-30 minute winding down period where I don't want to talk to anyone or do anything remotely productive, like changing into my workout clothes and starting my warm up.  So, today I distracted myself by making the huge whiteboard in our pantry hallway into a menu board so that I can know exactly what I need to cook that night and what we need from the store.  I am trying to be a little more organized this year.  I also need to get my diet in order.  I need less carbs and more fat and protein.  Having this menu will definitely help keep me in check.

That's my menu.

When that was done, I forced myself into some workout clothes and got started.  All I have to do is my ten minute warm up, and I am good to go.  Today was shoulder day, so I did an hour of that.  I really, really love lifting weights.  Sometimes I feel discouraged because I can't lift as much as other women, but I still feel strong and like a badass when I have completed a workout.  I am totally addicted to picking things up and setting them back down again.  My cousin was supposed to come over and workout with me, but that got changed to tomorrow, so it was just me by myself working out while the boy played videogames the entire time.  He had jiu jitsu at 6, so he didn't want to, "tire himself out," before he went.  

Actually up out of the chair to help me with a lift.


Kettlebell shoulder press.

This is what I dealt with this afternoon. <3

We had a delicious meal of stirfry and fried rice.  I try so hard not to eat rice, but it's really one of my most favorite foods, so I can't stay away.  I caught up on some blogs (I read a lot of them) and hung out with the family giggling like we usually do.  My mom inherited a beautiful quilt wall hanging that my grandma had made for my great grandmother, so she enlisted the help of my brother.  She was standing on the buffet table, no problem, when my brother says, "I can't believe you fit there!"  This caused a long laughing fit from me, instead of being helpful.  I am so glad I was born into a family with the most fantastic sense of humor.  We laugh more than anything else.  It's really great.  

There's my tiny mom, fitting into a tiny space just fine.


Now, I am curled up in bed about to read until boy gets home from jui jitsu.  He begins a 3-day shift tomorrow morning, so I won't get to see him until Friday.  I think the fact that he works several days in a row (he worked 5 non-stop during the week of Christmas) is good.  It gives us a chance to miss each other, but it doesn't feel like forever, because my days are always so busy.  So, we will probably finish the episode of Sherlock that I fell asleep to last night and then I will roll over and go to sleep so that I can wake up and start my Tuesday.



2 comments:

  1. No cousin and you didn't come to Circuit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming tomorrow! I've already planned my afternoon around it.

    ReplyDelete