Friday, August 8, 2014

Lately

As it seems, I've been taking yet another social media break. One would assume that during my last weeks off before the school year begins, I would have all the time in the world to blog, check Facebook, and keep up with Instagram. It's quite the opposite, actually. Here's what I've been doing lately.

Running. Obviously. It's SO nice to have a consistent running partner again. And the runs we go on are never boring. I had been getting bored with my runs because I tend to stay on the same route or I run on the treadmill at the gym because it's there and it's easy. My run on Tuesday was supposed to be flat and around town. We ended up taking a trail thg neither of us had been on and it was STRAIGHT up. My Garmin paused itself because I ended up going so slowly by the end.


Cuddling. Since Milo is back, we've been doing a lot of cuddling. He is my very favorite cuddle partner. 


Retail therapy. My best friend and I had a shopping spree the other day. I bought many new work clothes, some shoes, and of course, new workout clothes. I can't leave a store without adding to my large collection.


Theater. I have been helping out with the kids camp at our local theater. My friend is a very talented musician and actor and was asked to be the director of this camp. I was then asked to help out this week. They are doing scenes from Mary Poppins. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever. After a year and a half of being  away from the theater, it's great to be back.



Nature. You didn't think I would leave this on out, would you? Of course I've been outside. A lot. Today, my friend and I ventured to a small town about 30 miles south to do a beach hike. The wind was blasting us at about 30 miles per hour, but it was well worth it. We did 6 miles on the unpacked sand, which felt like 47 miles on my legs. Here are some scenes from today.

Big, beautiful rock that looks almost fake.

We dubbed this one "Castle Rock," because it looks like a castle.

Thirty mile per hour winds won't stop us!

Try walking on this for 6 miles.

We made it to the light house!

Truth.


Window to my soul.

A live musical performance!


No beach day is complete without the sunset.

Or the moon.

4 comments:

  1. I love puppy cuddles. :) I don't know how you run on the beach like that. You must have killer legs! I'm in awe of the beautiful beach pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to keep up on the blog lately either! Maybe it's a sign that summer is ending haha! Breaks from the internet are a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures from a beautiful soul!! I'm also trying to take an internet break, especially from FB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously need to come visit. you. Those are some gorgeous pictures. Enjoy your last little bit of break!

    ReplyDelete