Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The First Few Days of Vacation

I cannot believe the first week of my three week vacation is half over! I swear the time goes way, way too fast. I've been spending a lot of time with some of my favorite people.


I've been loving the extra time I have to run. And the weather has been absolutely  wonderful. I'm getting a pretty good runner's tan on, which will look great in my bridesmaid dress on Saturday.


Speaking of the wedding, I have been at my sister's house every day this week to plan. This means extra time with the love of my life.


It was her daddy's 30th birthday yesterday, so we spent some time celebrating him.


My cohort friends and I spent 3 hours having coffee and gossiping on Monday and then we spent 2 hours yesterday crying while watching The Fault In Our Stars. I even had read the book and knew what was coming. I still cried like a baby.


Today, wedding festivities began. We went to get pedicures with my step-mom and the bride's mom.

I apologized profusely to the poor woman who had to deal with my disgusting runner's feet. She said they definitely were not the worst she's ever seen. I think she may have been lying.  That was nice of her.


I cannot wait to watch this lady walk down the aisle on Saturday. My sister and I spent the morning writing the MOH speech while watching Spain get their butts kicked in the World Cup.


Tomorrow is the bachelorette party. Then Friday is rehearsal and set-up. Then the wedding on Saturday! I cannot believe it's already here. Not a bad way to spend the first week of vacation.

Have you been watching the World Cup?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been spending your time wisely...lots of fun with people you love!!!

    I'm being strong-armed into watching the World Cup. I find it really boring, but I guess this is payback for making Matt watch the Real Housewives lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always apologize for my nasty feet at pedicures, and they always tell me they've seen way worse... which makes me never, ever want to be a pedicurist.

    ReplyDelete