Sunday, July 27, 2014

Another Weekend Done!

I swear, one second it's Monday morning and the next it's Sunday evening.  I don't even know where the time goes or how it passes so quickly!  This week was a busy one and that's just how I like it.  Thursday ended just right by having dinner with a few of my most favorite souls.  We are both so busy with our lives, that it's hard to schedule a time to get together.  It's always so nice to have quality time with just the two of them.


Since I am suffering from gym burnout, I switched things up on Friday and went for a five mile run on the beach with a friend.  It is so nice to have someone to run with, especially when they agree to run on the beach in the sunshine.  We ended up getting a little lost and having to run through a marsh type area, but this just added to the adventure of running.  Now I can cross running through low tide off of my bucket list.  After 40 minutes, my quads were screaming at me, so I stopped running while they continued on to make it an even hour.  I did this instead.


My mom decided to walk along the beach while we were running.  Of course, we had to document being at the beach in summer clothes.  She was even barefoot.  It's been a nice break of sunshine after three straight weeks of extremely thick fog.


Friday night, I went and saw the opening night of The Wedding Singer at the theater and then ended up dancing with the cast until 3:30am.  I woke up Saturday at about 8:30 and could not fall back asleep.  I had a lovely breakfast made for me, though, so it made up for a lack of sleep.



Then, it was time for another wedding.  One of my best friends from my cohort got married on Saturday and she could not have looked more beautiful.


It's truly amazing that I have only known these women for a year because I feel as though I have known them my entire life.  They make me more than happy.  She may have married her soulmate, but I consider her one of mine.


Of course, we danced.  That made for night two of dancing my heart out.


We also played in the photo booth.


And took romantic sunset pictures by the river.


And I danced like a fool even when I wasn't on the dance floor.  Typical.


Please notice my sock tan line.  I heard that this is the newest fashion statement, so I had to jump on that bandwagon.

Today I slept all the way until 9am!  I didn't wake up once, which is unusual for me.  I guess I was just so tired from all of the dancing.  What a great reason to be tired!  I put off my long run until around 1, and then I just went for it.  I was totally in my head for most of it.  I met my runner friend again for the last 3 miles on the beach.  It was so nice to have someone to talk to for the end of my run.  (And it was really nice to have a ride back home.)


After running a few errands with the same friend, I made it to my dad's for family dinner.  This little one really enjoyed the salad. 


No wonder the weekends seem fast.  After recapping them, I see how busy I am.  I think I need a weekend from my weekend!  Tomorrow starts the last four days of summer school before another two and a half week break.  I already have a few camping trips planned, so I am pretty excited.

Who else loves dancing as much as I do?







6 comments:

  1. Wedding photo booths are so fun!! And you are wearing my favorite shoes you own. I remember you wore them to the other wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dancing, weddings are such fun! you looked like you had a flipping awesome weekend! and running on the beach - OMG! you go girl! that's hardcore in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had some awesome weekends lately! I'm so jealous of your beach runs. Next time I come to California, take me beach running, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your friends are getting married! I guess you're just that age haha. (Who am I to talk, really? I've lost count of how many we've been to/have scheduled.) I'm glad you had a busy/fun week! And yes...Even though I was only with my cohort for a year, too, I felt like I bonded with them better than many of my college friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how busy you are with weddings/showers! You look stunning! Great job on your run as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl!!!!!!
    I always try to plan a weekend once a month where I don't plan anything. I just kind of roll with it because sometimes we are so busy that we need a break! :)
    Your 12+miler was amazing! You are awesome and an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete