Sunday, June 1, 2014

June

How in the heck is it already June?!? Where has this year gone?? It's finally the month of summer and the weather has already been beautiful.


Last night was my best cohort friend's bachelorette party. Actually, it was her bridal shower and then her bachelorette party. It was a very long day, but so much fun. We started the day off by wrapping presents.


None of us are particularly good at present wrapping, so they looked pretty terrible. It was a good laugh for all of us. Good thing we are better a decorating.


The night started with wine tasting at a new-to-me spot. I actually had no idea that this place existed and it happened to be their one year anniversary also on the  same night. 


We then moved on to dinner at a place just down the street. I had an amazing salad and even more amazing Brussels sprouts. I could have really just had the Brussels sprouts and been content, they were that amazing.


This girl is the most funny person I know. She had me in tears the entire night. We are basically the same person and I love her to death.


We ended the evening with my favorite form of cardio. 


This was the second weekend in a month that we've gone dancing together and I am pretty sure this needs to become a regular thing.


We danced for two hours straight. Much like running, dancing clears my head and cleanses my soul. 


It really helps when you have your soul mates dancing with you. Who says a soulmate has to be a man??? These ladies are mine.


This morning, I was up bright and early. I felt amazing and hopped right into my running clothes. I haven't run a double digit Sunday since my race. Mostly because I am not in training, but also because my body was so tired of running that I decided to listen to it and cut way back on my mileage. This morning, however, my run was amazing. It was one of those runs where you remember why you run. I only went 7.5 miles just to keep myself from being worn out, but it was just what I needed.


The rest of the afternoon was spent preparing for my two interviews this week. I am insanely nervous. I've never interviewed before, so this is a brand new experience having to sell myself! I did, however, find the perfect pants for them.


For some reason, my friends said they weren't exactly appropriate. ;-) I can't believe that it's already the second to last week of school. I hope you all have amazing week!

How have your runs been?

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on your interviews!! I'm sure you will rock them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very hot runs this weekend! Looks like your shower was super fun and pretty :) Good luck on your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wishing you all the best in the world!! I hope your interviews go well and you spend the summer prepping your new classroom!!!!
    I'm happy that your run was amazing! I love runs like that!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL get the pants- not for the interviews but for FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same as you...how is it June?!

    I love that you went out!! Did you remember that you're still young? lol. Good luck with your interviews!! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete