Thursday, September 12, 2013

Let's Be Real

I very much enjoy when the bloggers behind the blog not only talk about the good parts of the day, but the bad parts of the day as well.  It makes me as the reader connect with them more, knowing that they, too, are human.  I try to be as positive as possible in my blog simply because that's who I am, but I have bad days too.  And lately, I've been in a funk.


By lately, I mean this past week.  I think the root of it all comes from the fact that I am incredibly tired.  These weeks fly by and we are getting a whole lot of information in such a short amount of time.  I am mentally just exhausted.  But, I found out some news that should not affect me the way that it has been.  I'm trying to pretend that I am not upset, but I am.  It's silly, and I have to remind myself that I am in a much healthier space than I was.


It's times like these that I am so glad I have running.  When I got home yesterday, all I could think about was a nap.  I knew I would be more upset if I didn't run, so I meandered out of the house hoping for a slow run.  I told myself I wouldn't look at my Garmin because that would only frustrate me further.  When I decided to stop, this is what I saw.


I guess all of that built up emotion really did help me, because I felt as though I was crawling through mud.  I was sweaty, I was tired, but I was much happier than I was before the run.


I then had a date with my good friends over at Fitnessblender.  The first 10 minutes I thought about stopping it and passing out on the couch.  But then I got my energy back and the rest was a breeze.


I kept myself busy by making homemade applesauce, pretending to read reading books for school, and picking fresh peas and beans from the garden.  But that lingering feeling of sadness just kept building and building.  I guess the endorphins from running can only last so long.


After dinner, I was reading blogs and made the mistake of watching this video.  Twice.  And that was when it happened.  The waterworks just started coming.  I cried for what seemed like hours, but was really only 20 minutes.  It was one of those good, deep cries that makes your whole soul hurt before it feels better.  I got it all out.  My eyes were puffy, my nose was red, and I had friends waiting at a bar for me.  

This is from more than a year ago, but it was the same friends.

I picked myself up, dusted myself off, found those endorphins, and went to be social and celebrate one of my very best friend's birthday.  I left, of course, at 10 because I had to be up for the gym this morning.  I even debated not going because of my funk.  But I am so glad I chose to go, because I woke up this morning remembering that I have people in my life who love me for me and will always be there for me.  And I have this fellow, who gives the best hugs in the entire world.


So that's me.  I have bad days too.  Thank goodness I have running, friends, and blogs.

Do you like reading about people's bad days as well as the good?

3 comments:

  1. I can totally identify with this. I'm glad working out is helping you deal with the funk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bloggers that are real.
    I love hearing about bad days because than I feel like I can relate to them.
    I hope you get out of your funk fast!!!!
    Love you bestie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down; I hope your funk gets less funky soon. I don't exaclty enjoy reading about bad days, but just because I feel bad for the writer, not because the posts bother me or anything. I think it's important to be real and let your readers see that life isn't always rainbows and puppies, that you're a real person.

    ReplyDelete