1. It's different every single day- I am the queen of routine. I will find something I like and stick to it for months. Even years. I had a smoothie every single day for about a year for breakfast until I finally got tired of making it every morning. One of my very favorite things about Circuit is that I have no idea what I am getting myself into. She has a different workout as well as a different style of workout every day. One day it may be 15 stations twice through, another it may be a deck of cards workout. It's literally always a surprise.
2. It makes me sore- There's nothing like a good bout of DOMS. I love, love, love feeling sore. It means I worked harder than I usually do. Yesterday, she had us do this strange swimming type thing on a mat with washcloths. It looked easy (and completely stupid), but my shoulders were burning. Today, I can hardly lift my arms. It's such a good feeling.
3. Burpees- I don't do burpees on my own because they are a special form of evil. But you can bet that my trainer puts burpees into every workout she designs. Why? Because she hates us. That's why. But they are one of the best exercises that one can do, so I secretly love them.
4. The people- While I love a good solo workout, there's nothing quite like working out in a class setting. Everyone is super encouraging and helpful. The group atmosphere is amazing. I can walk into class in a terrible mood and walk out of class forgetting anything was ever wrong. Everyone has an amazing sense of humor and we are always giving our trainer a hard time. This was posted in our Facebook group awhile back.
5. My trainer- I'm not sure how long I would have stuck with this class had it been a different instructor. She is one of the most fabulous people I know. She is more concerned with whether you are doing the exercise correctly than if you are doing it fast. She is a bit of a form control freak, and it's amazing. Yesterday she told me that I looked like a little old man doing my backward sprints and to straighten up. She gives you a hard time, but it's out of love. She can take it as much as she gives it, which is always a good personality trait. Plus, she's a bit of a badass.
Do you enjoy group classes? Which one is your favorite?