Friday, February 7, 2014

It's Finally Winter

As I am writing this, I am listening to a storm outside my window. I've never been so excited to hear rain in my entire life. After a January of 75 degree weather (um, it NEVER reaches 75 degrees here in the SUMMER), California was deemed in a state of emergency because of its lack of water. We need a lot more rain, but I will definitely take this!


Fridays are hard for me because I have to be a student for 6 hours. I would much rather be the teacher in the classroom with my kids, but I guess I have to learn how to teach them also, and this semester we have some extremely important classes on Fridays. Needless to say, after sitting all day, I am more than ready for a run.


Slow and easy today. I have hopped on the Nike Training Club bandwagon. I downloaded the app yesterday and I am in love. After my run I did a core work out.


My abs are going to be burning tomorrow. I had the room to myself, which was a nice change.


I got to eat my favorite meal immediately after the gym, which is always the best thing in the world.


And now my night is ending with Netflix and an early bedtime. I still haven't recovered from my Tuesday night adventure. Tomorrow I will be meeting my ladies again for a homework session. Mostly because we can't survive more than 24 hours without each other.

What are your weekend plans?

5 comments:

  1. I have a very low key weekend, which I am very happy about since I had the most exhausting week ever. I might need to download that app. I'm eager to hear how you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the Nike Training Club app but it looks intriguing! I think I might try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting all day is the worst! I would not survive a desk job. I spent Thursday and Friday at a reading conference. I learned so much but my legs felt like rocks by the end of both days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that it is raining! YAY :) :)
    I hope the rest of your work out went well yesterday!
    I am hoping to run today, the sun is shining. I asked one of my friends to run because it is much easier to bundle up when you have a buddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so true that teachers make the worst students. I hate sitting and listening to lectures for hours!!

    I haven't tried that part of NTC yet. I'll have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete