Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Graduates

Graduation weekend snuck up on me. I've been so busy and my life has been so crazy that I didn't even realize that my entire family was going to be here THIS weekend until Friday, when they were here.


They were really in town to see my brother graduate from undergrad, but I like to pretend they came to see me graduate with my teaching credential.


My brother's ceremony was at 8:30am, so the morning started off bright and early. He got ready and I photobombed every picture he tried to take.


As usual, the ceremony was long and boring. But we kept ourselves occupied.


His major was just recently added to our school, so he went last. Very last. Finally, he was done and we stopped at the field for some pictures.


We had reservations for brunch at our local country club. We had a pretty mostly crew.


Don't worry, the siblings all called each other to make sure we matched, because it would be super embarrassing if we didn't. ;-)


This cutie found a balloon.


Suddenly, it was my turn. I was completely unprepared. I borrowed my brother's gown and my mom's cap from when she got her masters two years ago.   I met up with the ladies and we were ready.

The sun had come out in full force by the time our ceremony began. It was hot! 


I definitely rolled up the sleeves of my gown. I've heard that's fashionable head days.


Walking across the stage was a total blur.


Finally, we were officially teachers!


It was time to go home and party!


My name was actually on the four pound gluten-free chocolate cake!


My brother and I spent some time lounging in Hawaii. We deserved it.


My best friend is back in town and I got to catch up with her! She just finished her first year of law school!


The night ended with lots and lots of dancing. It was an amazing day!

How was your Saturday?

5 comments:

  1. You did it! Congratulations on being an official teacher! Let the lesson planning begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Congratulations!!! What a fantastic weekend for you and your family. Congrats to your brother as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, it's so nice they came! My parents almost skipped my college AND masters graduations. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and your brother!! Graduation ceremonies are always so long and not exciting. I didn't even go to my Master's graduation.I went to the mountains instead and it was way more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete