Thursday, May 22, 2014

So, So Busy

I promise I haven't fallen off of the planet. I've just been excruciatingly busy this week. Some stuff has happened that I may blog about in the future, but until then... I'll tell you what I've been doing in a list form.

1. Working- I'm a teacher now, so I've been working teacher hours. I've been coming in early and staying late. It's exhausting, but I am truly loving every single minute of it.


2. Naturing. Yes. I did just make tht word up. I've been outside the majority of the time that I am not at work. I've hardly opened my laptop in the last week and a half. It's so liberating and feels so freeing. I need nature to survive.


3. Running- I've recently met someone who is an incredibly fast runner, so I've been meeting up with them for runs. We ran at the track on Monday and I was convinced to do a little bit of speed work. It hurt, but in a good way. It's nice to has someone to run with who actually enjoys it!


4. Lifting- Since my half marathon, my motivation to run a lot of miles has diminished A LOT. So, my weekly mileage is lower than it has been in a very long time. But my lifting has increased. Running less miles gives me more energy to lift heavier, and I love it.


5. Laughing- I have been laughing a lot lately. It's safe to say that I am in a really good space emotionally. For awhile there, I was feeling a little depressed and down. No real reason, I just felt as though I wasn't living. Now that I've been getting out and doing things and focusing my energy on things other than my computer and my bed, I'm in a good space. I also got a really good laugh when I saw this picture my cousin posted of his daughter doing the "Rachel face." I've never been more proud.


So that's that. I'm so sorry I've been MIA! 

Catch me up! What have you been up to??

1 comment:

  1. I could have written this post except for lifting and the "Rachel face" - lol! Sometimes we have to focus on ourselves and just take a step back from technology and live life!!! It sounds like you are doing excellent!! Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete