Thursday, October 31, 2013

That Time I Was Asleep at 8:15

It's no secret that I am exhausted. It's been two months with no breaks, and over a month with one day weekends. Luckily, to me, Halloween marks the beginning of the holiday season. Which means the beginning of weeks off. 


Of course, September to the middle of November is the longest stretch we have to go during the school year without a break, so I can't complain. But let me tell you, it's catching up to me.


Yesterday I was wandering around campus like a zombie. Several people commented in how tired I looked. I have no idea how I made it through the school day without collapsing in a pile in the teacher's lounge. On top of everything else, my body is fighting something. I have gunk in my chest that will not break loose no matter how much I cough. And was I smart and listened to my body? No. Because I'm stubborn. Do not use me as a good example.


I did not, however, do my usual ab routine, because the thought of picking my upper body off of the floor after it was laying down was too much effort. So I went home and laid in bed. And I was asleep at 8:15. And when 4:30 rolled around, I felt like a whole new person.


I definitely needed that sleep. I could function and think, which had to happen since Halloween at school is absolutely bonkers. The kids were amazingly well behaved even though their schedule was all out of whack.


Tonight I was invited to go to karaoke with my sister and her husband, but I had to decline because I know I am still fighting whatever has decided to make it's home in my chest. I also have school nice and early. We don't get trick or treaters at my house either, so it's almost as if Halloween didn't happen. I'm so excited, however, that it's finally the holiday season!


1 comment:

  1. Good thing you slept!!! Sometimes we just need to lay down and sleep for hourrrrrrrrrrs!!!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete